Lincare / no insurance coverage!

Lincare is a medical supply company... Sally jo Robbins [protected] ext 127. is the woman that I had spoke to. I had Aetna health care as a insurance provider. My supplies were covered and back in August of 2006 Lincare had promised me supplies, they said that they shipped them. I called and they had said well it wasn't shipped yet so they will ship them again. I never received them. I called towards the end of August and told them my company was switching insurance providers from Aetna to Independent BC/BS Does Lincare except this insurance? They had said they would check into it and get back to me. The company (Lincare) called me and said that the new insurance was covered. I in turn asked that they email me with verification. Lincare said that they do not use email however they would send me a letter. I did receive 2 letters stating that the BC/BS was covered and the patients responsibility was 0. now I am getting bills from Lincare saying that the BC/BS did not cover me and they want the $91 for the supplies. I cannot understand why I should have to pay for something that lincare told me that I did not have to pay for. Sally Jo Robbins told me she would reduce the bill to $70. I said that If I had known that it was not covered in the first place, I would not have ordered it.

Comments

• El
      21st of Jan, 2008

I was also told a c-pap machine and acessories would be covered by my insurance co., but 12 months later we got the rental bills even though the back of contract said we were supposed to get monthly bills. Their were no prices on the contract, no monthly rental fees listed. Now I found out that my insurance only covered 50% of the costs. The insurance co. was paying thier half, but I did not recieve any bills until 12 months later. At present we are still trying to straighten it out with Sally Joe, ext. 127, the supervisor. She offered to knock $60.00 off of a $286.51 bill - but it is still hard to figure out what we would owe as our fees are higher than the allowable fees and the bill does not list a monthly rental fee. Question? Did you ever have to pay?

• Ke
      14th of Apr, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me with Lincare.They dropped off a cpap machine and said my insurance would cover it.after 3 months they told me my insurance denied to pay for it. they took it back, and I was sent a bill for rental of over 600.00... makes no sense, when you can buy one for 400.00...there was no rental agreement signed, and i dont feel i am responsible.

• Ca
      30th of Apr, 2008

I get oxygen from Lincare. I appreciate that they call before they come and let me know when they will arrive. However, one of my tanks were leaking and I told him (the delivery person) that it was doing so. He said it was just a a piece of ice stuck in there from the previous week. I thought "great" hell take care of it... but he came back with the tank full. After he left I noticed it was still leaking. Then I noticed my other tank that was full from a previous and it had started to leak also. I hope i dont get stuck with two broken tanks. I'm thinking of buying a concentrator with my own money. I hope this isnt how its going to be from now on because of the Medicare budget cuts.

• Th
      10th of Aug, 2013

While I do understand that maybe there were some inaccuracies on what Lincare said re. what insurance would cover, I do wonder if it was possible a deductible issue? Often, that is what the case is. Now, I will say, that should have been checked/communicated to you. It's not hard for Lincare to find these things out, and in turn tell the patients what their responsibility is and why...sounds like that may not have happened for you.

• Bo
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Lincare Holdings - Did not send correct size.CPAP mask. Unable to connect.to.customer service. Wait time too long. Disgusted with this company.
    Milwaukee
    Wisconsin

I had trouble time and time again with.getting hold of customer service. The lincare office here in.Wisconsin would not help me resolve my issue. They told me to.call customer service, which is.impossible to get. through. Thoroughly disgusted.with.them. I am dependent on a.cpap.machine.and need.to.have correct supplies sent to me.

• Lu
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Lincare Holdings - C-pap supplies

Las Vegas local office doesn't seem to follow up on my husbands supplies needed, I am always having to call them to check status and after waiting to get same answer, on top of that they give an attitude. Please hire more professional folks, us customers are the ones keeping you in business. They pass the buck and we have been waiting 1 mo. Help!

• Pl
    Lincare - CPAP machine rentalt
    lincare.com

This company is a scam! Between our insurance company and ourselves we have paid out thousands in rent for the same machine that I actually went and purchased at a different company for $450. They were billing our insurance company $107 per month just for the machine. No wonder insurance is so high with companies like this!

• Pa
    Lincare - CPAP Supplies
    Bowling Green
    Kentucky

I have been trying to get CPAP supplies for a week. They refuse to return calls, and when I finally got someone on the phone, they said they had no record of me as a customer. Funny, they have records of billings!!! Ready to dump Lincare for another company, the Bowling Green KY office is incompetent!!! My advice, stay away!!!

• Ca
    Lincare - Your Company
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

Your customer services stinks. I have tried to get supplies for 6 months. Y'all lost my records, won't call me back ever, even when my Dr requested a new sleep study, I was never contacted. You need to go out of business & I hope you do. I will never recommend you & will advertise that to everyone I can.

• De
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Lincare - the services of the empoyees
    Seneca South Carolina
    lincare.com

I have teyed working witb these people for going on 4montjes to get my mom a small portable oxygen machince fkr travel. And fir 4 monthes its the same crap. Call back ob a week. This is messed up. Fix it

23rd of Oct, 2018
    Lincare - Nebulizer equipment
    Worcester
    Massachusetts

This place is the worst company when it comes to customer service they are the worst they Lie about delivering stuff they don't care about people not being able to breathe call them they say I will be there tomorrow and not show up here they are rude inconsiderate and they tell people they run out of oxygen they should Never run out of oxygen

• Jv
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Lincare - my bill
    Chillicothe
    Ohio

I have deleted with you for years and never been billed. I talked to a someone in the office, he said I had to fill out a new form about my income. He sent me one I filled it out. I talked to him later he said it might take at leaser 6 weeks and I wouldn't owe anything. Thank you, Jeannette Scoles 740-771-3748

4th of Nov, 2018
    Lincare - Nebulizer
    Lowell
    Arkansas
    lincare.com

I have not recived it yet my name is norberto dejesus

• Wa
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Lincare - portabe oxygen devise not working
    New Richmond
    Indiana

portable device quit working three times i used it got charged 210.00 dollars which is very hi price my wife and i are both disabled they told me it would take 2 months to fix that is crazy

• Ra
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Lincare - Billing
    Clearwater Florida
    Florida

We received a bill that appears to have double billing on it. So the wife called billing yesterday. After over an hour on hold, she hung up. Today, it is going on an hour again. This is unacceptable.