Lincare / no insurance coverage!

Lincare is a medical supply company... Sally jo Robbins [protected] ext 127. is the woman that I had spoke to. I had Aetna health care as a insurance provider. My supplies were covered and back in August of 2006 Lincare had promised me supplies, they said that they shipped them. I called and they had said well it wasn't shipped yet so they will ship them again. I never received them. I called towards the end of August and told them my company was switching insurance providers from Aetna to Independent BC/BS Does Lincare except this insurance? They had said they would check into it and get back to me. The company (Lincare) called me and said that the new insurance was covered. I in turn asked that they email me with verification. Lincare said that they do not use email however they would send me a letter. I did receive 2 letters stating that the BC/BS was covered and the patients responsibility was 0. now I am getting bills from Lincare saying that the BC/BS did not cover me and they want the $91 for the supplies. I cannot understand why I should have to pay for something that lincare told me that I did not have to pay for. Sally Jo Robbins told me she would reduce the bill to $70. I said that If I had known that it was not covered in the first place, I would not have ordered it.

Comments

• El
      21st of Jan, 2008

I was also told a c-pap machine and acessories would be covered by my insurance co., but 12 months later we got the rental bills even though the back of contract said we were supposed to get monthly bills. Their were no prices on the contract, no monthly rental fees listed. Now I found out that my insurance only covered 50% of the costs. The insurance co. was paying thier half, but I did not recieve any bills until 12 months later. At present we are still trying to straighten it out with Sally Joe, ext. 127, the supervisor. She offered to knock $60.00 off of a $286.51 bill - but it is still hard to figure out what we would owe as our fees are higher than the allowable fees and the bill does not list a monthly rental fee. Question? Did you ever have to pay?

• Ke
      14th of Apr, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me with Lincare.They dropped off a cpap machine and said my insurance would cover it.after 3 months they told me my insurance denied to pay for it. they took it back, and I was sent a bill for rental of over 600.00... makes no sense, when you can buy one for 400.00...there was no rental agreement signed, and i dont feel i am responsible.

• Ca
      30th of Apr, 2008

I get oxygen from Lincare. I appreciate that they call before they come and let me know when they will arrive. However, one of my tanks were leaking and I told him (the delivery person) that it was doing so. He said it was just a a piece of ice stuck in there from the previous week. I thought "great" hell take care of it... but he came back with the tank full. After he left I noticed it was still leaking. Then I noticed my other tank that was full from a previous and it had started to leak also. I hope i dont get stuck with two broken tanks. I'm thinking of buying a concentrator with my own money. I hope this isnt how its going to be from now on because of the Medicare budget cuts.

• Th
      10th of Aug, 2013

While I do understand that maybe there were some inaccuracies on what Lincare said re. what insurance would cover, I do wonder if it was possible a deductible issue? Often, that is what the case is. Now, I will say, that should have been checked/communicated to you. It's not hard for Lincare to find these things out, and in turn tell the patients what their responsibility is and why...sounds like that may not have happened for you.