Lifestyle Family Fitness / Fraudulent Cancellation policy

Lifestyle Family Fitness
11252 W Hillsborough Ave
Tampa FL [protected]

Complaint Description:
In July/August of 2011, I attempted to cancel my membership. The membership was a joint membership for myself and my wife. Not only was I unhappy with the 60 day notice, but I then found out they never canceled my wife's. They "claim' that I never specified. My rebuttle- WHY SHOULD I?? It was a joint account from the start. Further more, my wife NEVER once used the account. I find it highly fraudulent that their membership advisor would not ADVISE a customer on the policies. That he would not inform me that I had to verbally specifiy mine AND my wife's. I also find it fraudulent that he knowing ommitted this information despite likely seeing that she never used the account and that I used words like "we" and "us' repetively when noting we were moving to the other side of the state where they had no facilities. So instead, I notice 3 months later and then have to pay an additional 60 days once I caught the error. Lifestyle refused to make a change and tried to insinuate it was my fault. They said they had a recorded conversation, which I requested to hear multiple times and never once heard. Finally, after having several people call me (not one knowledgable of prior conversations)- they said "we will send you to collections" (this is after I disputed the charges and had them reversed on my credit card). Now I have to go to court over $104. The money doesn't matter as much as the principle and business ethics involved in their shady and fraudelent business.

Comments

• Li
      17th of Jan, 2012

I have just experienced the same issue in Columbus, Ohio. Waiting for others to have same issue so that a class action will be started.

• Un
      11th of Feb, 2012

LFF is very deceptive about the cancellation information. My daughter joined in October telling them she was moving in 2 months. She just wanted a 2 month membership. They insisted we are month to month so you can cancel anytime. She asked him when she joined, "so I should cancel in 30 days?" He said yes. Well in 30 days she found out there was a 60 days policy. She got sick and wasn't able to cancel and bottom line her 2 month membership will hopefully be canceled in April (6 months later). Once they get your money, nothing is their fault. So because my daughter didn't want her membership to go to waste when she was gone, she re-instated it and transferred it to my name and then we were going to cancel. My daughter had everything (tanning, classes and exercise). So first I wanted to downgrade to just the gym which is all I was going to use and then cancel. I was told to downgrade (by the LFF Customer Service person after being on hold for 15 minutes) first and then call back in a couple of days to cancel which I did. So when my daughter was again charged the full amount, I called up and it was my fault that I cancelled before the downgrade took effect even though I have an e-mail stating my membership was downgraded. I can't wait until this is over and done. On top of that, the customer service rep on the phone was rude and hung up on me. I called back the next day and was told, "well the supervisor got on the call so you must have gotten rude - I absolutely did not get rude - they were the rude ones. Would not let me explain and hung up on me. I will tell everyone I know to never join LFF.