Lifestyle Family Fitness / Child Care & Membership Cancellation

1 Apopka, FL, United States Review updated:

I left my daughter in the daycare for 45 minutes. When I dropped her off there was only one girl working in the center but only 3 children. When I picked her up the same girl was talking on her cell phone and there were around 15 children of all ages running around and I was almost out the door before she even noticed me leaving. The other girl who was supposed to be working was at the front desk talking about how she hasn't gotten her hair done in so long.

I went back to the club at a later date and told a salesperson I wanted my money back. He told me there was no manager on duty and that I would need to come back Mon-Fri between 9 and 5 (the hours most people work... just a coincidence he assured me...) I went back and had to go though the same sales person, who referred me to a manager who told me that she was new and did not know if she could give me a refund. The sales person went and spoke to a district manager who came out and told me that he would not give me a refund until I qualify for their comfort refund. I have given my key tag every time I have gone in and they considered some of these dates they don't even consider workouts... I have to wait another two weeks and come in on an exact date and hope I catch a manager to get my refund. I refuse to leave my daughter in their child care program and they don't understand why "because we usually have 3 or 4 girls working in there and you must sign the child in and out." Sorry Lifestyle, but when it comes to the safety of the children in your care, USUALLY doesn't cut it!

Comments

• Mi
      31st of Aug, 2009

I also have issues with the daycare staff, and since the day of my incident have never taken them back.

The staff has been watching TV (cartoons) instead of keeping their eyes on the kids. One parent walked out with my kid's shoes buried behind the cubby and a water bottle, which meant that the employee watching the door wasn't paying attention either.

Management response was "we'll handle it", which was totally unacceptable.

Here's the lesson learned: A serious accident is waiting to happen at LFF Day Cares.

The Apex NC branch of the LFF was closed week of Aug 23-Aug-29, 2009 because some parent brought their lice infested kid in. Nice, huh?