Liberty National Life Insurance / Poor Customer Service / Un-kept Promisses

Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I purchased a life policy from Liberty National agent Morgan Meltzer approximately one year ago. I did not receive the coverage I purchased due to something in my physical that they refused to disclose to me. I asked for a copy of the policy and Morgan missed her appointment with me and did not return my calls. I spoke to her supervisor, Katherine Blanco, who can only be reached if you threaten complaints and told her I wanted the policy cancelled and did not want to be billed, I was assured it was done. It was not, I decided to keep it since I need coverage, again I called and asked for a copy of the policy, still, a year later, no copy of the policy I pay for each month. Now, I receive a bill in the mail, I have an automatic recurring payment from my checking, there should be no bill. I call the national customer service number twice only to be hung up on. I call the Tampa office and ask for Katherine Blanco's supervisor and in turn am connected to an agent, Stuart Ross, who after hearing my story tells me I should just complain to the Florida Insurance Commission. He tells me Katherine Blanco isn't available and basically told me they don't care about complaints to the BBB or the insurance commission. Liberty National is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service, a shame, since I was referred to them by a family member who had been pleased with Morgan Meltzer. I cannot believe a company the size of Liberty National with a great reputation allows this kind of neglect of their customers to take place. Katherine Blanco is the branch manager and doesn't take calls without being threatened...horrible. They need a lot of training at 9225 Bay Plaza Blvd in Tampa...Update: After making this complaint to Liberty National corporate I was told I would receive a copy of my policy in the mail, what I got was a post card from the mail man telling me I had mail from Liberty National but I had to pay the postage to receive it!!! Still no policy!!

Comments

• Wi
      3rd of May, 2012

You're missing the point "Facts Only", my complaint is that they won't disclose the reason or provide me with a copy of the policy I have been paying for, or for that matter, even deal with customers in a professional and respectful manner. Maybe you should reread the post.