Levi Strauss Jeansbelt loops or pocket ripped

Do Westfield, MA Review updated:

I have at least 6 pairs of 550 or 560 jeans that have either ripped at 2 belt loops or at the pocket seam. These were purchased at either kohl's or sear's. I hadn't worn them for more than a month or two.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Westfield, MANo I don't have the reciepts for them. What remedy do I have to get them replaced?
I been wearing levi's since I was a kid but I may have to consider another brand if this kind of quality continues.

Comments

• Ti
      May 29, 2010

Levi Strauss offers a little-known lifetime guarantee for their jeans. If you go on-line and get the address for customer service, you can mail them directly to Levi's for replacement. Naturally, you should mail them return receipt or express so you have a record of the delivery. Also, be sure to enclose a letter with your name and address so they can mail the new ones to you.

I know this policy exists although it is very hush-hush because my sister worked for LS&Co for years. I also knew the woman whose job it was to handle returned jeans. They will replace jeans even for minor things like the leg turning (when the in-seam, usually, works its way to the front or back instead of the middle)

My guess is they do not offer the same guarantee for Signature jeans bought at Wal-Mart.

• Ro
      Jul 12, 2010

Hi Docarojr,

I'm really sorry about your jeans, and I'm sorry I didn't see this message earlier.

All Levi Strauss & Co. products (including Signature) are guaranteed against manufacturer or material defect.

I recommend that you first try to return them to the stores. Sometimes they will let you exchange them without a receipt. If that doesn't work, please call our contact center at 1-800-USA-LEVI and they can give you instructions for sending them to the company.

All the best,

Charlie (temporarily filling in for Rosie)
    [protected]@levi.com

Jan 22, 2013

I must agree, I have been a loyal customer of Levi for 40 years now and the material has dropped in quality ! . As a boy I remember Levi was the best to ride bike's or just kick it around Vegas but as for now just getting on my Harley the material pulls apart I have not had a good pair since they started being made out of the U.S.
    J Thompson
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Fl
      Jul 31, 2015

I also have been wearing Levi since i was a kid. some where along the line material or craftsman ship has been sacrificed for profit. I bought four pair of 569 shorts at the beginning of summer. On three of four pair the belt loops have come undone. I cannot afford more and it is to hot in Texas to wear jeans working outside. Bring back quality and sacrifice a little profit.

Nov 21, 2015

I also noticed that they reduced the number of belt loops so they don't fit as well and maybe that's why they rip.