LetGo / sold me the samsung galaxy s7 edge which does not work

Bentonville, AR, United States

I saw the listing of Samsung galaxy s7 edge for $175 from Nate Bell (earlier claimed he was from Elkins, Arkansas, 72727). I was able to negotiate with him to $150, and he told me that nothing was wrong with phone and it was working in perfect condition.

He brought the phone at my work place today Oct 16, 2018 (Bentonville AR around 12pm CST) and told me that he couldn't get time to charge it and insisted that nothing was wrong with the phone. He added that he was selling the phone because he upgraded to newer phone. Therefore, I believed him (stupid me)

As soon I got in my office, I plugged the phone on the charger but it kept saying "System Software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone", and couldn't be able to get to the home screen. Therefore, I contacted Mr "Nate Bell" on letgo, but he didn't respond. In fact, immediately after he got $150 from me, he changed his location to "Sterling Heights, MI, 48311 which made me believe that he sold me the phone knowing that something was wrong.

In effort to resolve the issue, I took the phone to AT&T, they couldn't help, I took the phone to best buy, they couldn't help either...I also took it to the repair shop, and they couldn't fix it either..

If I could have him come back and get his phone and return my $150, I will be so happy and I won't complain any longer.

Please help Lego community so that people like this individual can be traced easily and be held accountable.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Otherwise, I am afraid to do any transaction on Letgo... even though I should have turned the phone on before he left :(

Thanks,