Lens.com / Shipped a Cancelled Item and Billed Me!

1 Louisiana, MO, United States Review updated:

On June 12 I placed an order with them. At some point I called them to ask how long it has to process (it had already been a week!) and they told me it would ship the next day. I forgot about it and then I received an email from them on JUNE 25 stating that they were unable to get authorization from my credit card to bill me. I was glad because this was taking WAY too long. I called them on the 29th, and cancelled the order. I had not yet been billed and the item had not shipped out. They said the order was cancelled. On July 2 -- three days after cancelling the order-- they billed me for the item. I called to ask them why and they said someone neglected to notify the warehouse and tell them not to ship (that's their story). They said the item was shipped today (on the 2nd) and now I had to wait to get it then ship it back to them for a refund. Outrageous!!! And now I also have to pay shipping to send it back to them!!

I contacted the company's CEO by email and filed a complaint with the BBB. The customer sales rep, Heather, was also very rude and talked over me and argued with me about the matter.

I left a message on a supposed supervisor's voicemail and did not hear back from them today.

This is a total scam. they did not have my permission to bill me, and I explicitly told them NOT to bill me and not to ship the item. They said OK then shipped it anyway.
I have called back several times to speak with a supervisor and there is never one available. Twice they would not even connect me to their voicemail. I would get disconnected or get a busy signal. This is unacceptable and smells like a SCAM.

As a side note, I ordered the same item (Acuvue 2 Colors) from Walgreens.com for $10 less and that item processed and shipped in 4 days.

I'm going to keep calling them and writing to the CEO. I have a feeling that the item didn't really ship out today. I didn't even receive an email confirmation that the item shipped. Based on other reviews, It seems like they often tell you an item is about to ship but then a week goes by and it doesn't. I'm going to call tomorrow and harp on the fact that I have not received confirmation that the item has shipped so how can they be sure it has shipped? Either way, it doesn't matter. I deserve a refund.

Comments

• Sh
      3rd of Jul, 2009

You don't have to pay for return shipping. Just write "return to sender" on the package and return it to the post office (or your mail-person). If you don't get a refund, you can always file a dispute with your credit card company.