Lenovo / buyer beware

Horrible! My first ship date was 01/05/09. That day came, checked the status and ship date was changed to 01/19/09. Checked status on january 18th and ship date changed to 02/05/09. I just couldn't wait any longer so I called to cancel order. I was told it would take 24-28 hours to cancel it, and that the company would not send me a confirmation of the cancellation, nor would they give me a cancellation number. I cancelled my credit card because I didn't want them to charge me for an order that I had cancelled (Canon pixma mx850 printer). Well, here it is 5 days later and I look at the website and see they have shipped the printer today! I'll have to call the idiots tomorrow, and hope that I am home when the printer arrives so that I can refuse delivery. Buyer beware!!!

Da

Comments

• Ra
      16th of Sep, 2009

Availing of an online deal, I ordered a desktop computer from Lenovo . My order was taken and I was issued both a customer number and an order number. A week later Lenovo rep. called me and told me that due to heavy demand, the order would likely be delayed - unless, of course, I was willing to settle for a "run of the mill" computer with far inferior specs. I told them that I'd wait for the unit that was already on order.

A few days later the Lenovo rep emailed me and said that the unit I had ordered was not going to be shipped and that I had to 'transition' my order. On that, I requested a 'transition up'. I asked them to give me the next higher model at the same percentage discount rate as I had been offered for my original order. At that, Lenovo balked and refused to do anything but insist on selling me the low end system. I felt scammed. It is an old trick from the book of deceitful marketing. They entice you to place an order for a 'cadillac' system and then offer you a piece of crap that they had been wanting to sell you all along. BEWARE OF LENOVO. IT IS NOT AN AMERICAN COMPANY. IT IS A CHINESE COMPANY. They are bringing their deceitful retail culture to us. I have cancelled the order and am in the process of contacting the Better Business Bureau. I have all the correspondence saved which I have as evidence of their nefarious marketing strategy.

Watch it guys... Lenovo is full of tricks... and unpleasant ones at that !