Lemon Protector / Protect yourself from them

Lemon Protector
Jay and his website advertise that they do a 450 Point inspection - nothing even remotely close to that number. In fact he failed to catch that the fact that both rear brake lights did not work!!! Took my newly purchased used car to the dealer - air filter was beyond dirty, coolant was weak and needed to be changed (not to mention the replaced brake light bulbs). Jay and Lemon Protector did not lift vehicle to test underside for corrosion as advertised. I knew something was fishy when he drove up in a car with dealer plates - Not surprisingly he was very focused on telling me about other cars that he knows were for sale.

D  20th of Dec, 2010 by
This comment was posted by our competition to try and tarnish our 24 year outstanding reputation.
A  20th of Aug, 2013 by
I agree wholeheartedly with the complaint above. I wasted $200 byt this guy telling me my car was fine. Drove up in a car, none of the "machinery" his website touted was used. Thinking my car was fine, I then proceeded to take a 3 hr drive. Over $1, 500 later, I hope my car is fixed. This guy should be arrested for fraud!
D  31st of Oct, 2013 by
I completely disagree with the complaints above. These guys are great. I am in dallas and i was looking at a 1997 Porsche car on Long Island, NY. The dealer told me it was a really nice car, no repaint, no mechanical issues. Jay found that the front end had been replaced ie hood, bumper, both fenders and that entire car had been repainted. The clutch needed to be replaced, the horn didnt work. The tires were dry rotted. He found overspray from the wheels (!) in the fender wells. Needed new brakes as well. He told me there was oil buildup in valves, which was normal for a car that had been sitting around. He told me the good things about the car as well. He spent extra time on the car bc the dealer showed up at the last minute, so he went over it all with him, which took extra time out of his day. i offered to pay him more, but he said, "no, thx, that's what we do." They are TOPS in my book. Saved me a plane trip and alot of aggravation. Thanks, Jay