Legalzoom / Scam

United States Review updated:

LegalZoom was the opposite of helpful. I signed up with them to start a sole proprietorship - even had multiple conversations with customer service agents who set my account up with what I was told would be necessary for my business to be up and running. Two months and $165 later, they filed a DBA and did nothing for my actual license. When I called to ask where the license was, they THEN informed me that they do not handle business licenses and only prepared what was necessary for my business name. When I expressed my incredible dismay about the price I paid for a service that is not only ridiculously simple but also not worth $165, I was told that $99 of it was the price of them filing for me. I have wasted large amounts of money now - thinking that I was cleared for a license that they could not get for me. No one bothered to mention that in my conversations prior to placing an order that they set up for me. Now, I am out time AND money, which are incredibly precious in my position. I will NEVER do business with them again, and I will ENSURE everyone that I know stays away from them as well. They were clearly looking to make a quick buck off of someone who was asking for a pie and received a sliver. When I was discussing my concerns with them (very respectfully) I was hung up on by one of their agents as well. Thanks a lot, LegalZoom.

Ad
Apr 30, 2014

Comments

• Do
      30th of Apr, 2014

Lawyers have an entirely different moral code than "ordinary" people. If a lawyer feels he could win a legal argument in arbitration before a judge, then what he does is legal. If it's legal, then it's moral. I'm sure the people at Legal Zoom think they did nothing wrong; You, I, and probably most "ordinary" people think they were deceitful and unethical. Next time you want legal advice, choose a local attorney who you can picket if he does you wrong. Sorry.

• Le
      1st of May, 2014

Hi Adamelio,

We would like to extend my sincerest apology in regards to your less than great experience with LegalZoom. It is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We want you to be satisfied and I'd like to assist you in finding a resolution. Please feel free to contact us directly at [protected]@lzserve.com. We look forward t to hearig from you.

LegalZoom.com