Legalzoom / Scam
LegalZoom was the opposite of helpful. I signed up with them to start a sole proprietorship - even had multiple conversations with customer service agents who set my account up with what I was told would be necessary for my business to be up and running. Two months and $165 later, they filed a DBA and did nothing for my actual license. When I called to ask where the license was, they THEN informed me that they do not handle business licenses and only prepared what was necessary for my business name. When I expressed my incredible dismay about the price I paid for a service that is not only ridiculously simple but also not worth $165, I was told that $99 of it was the price of them filing for me. I have wasted large amounts of money now - thinking that I was cleared for a license that they could not get for me. No one bothered to mention that in my conversations prior to placing an order that they set up for me. Now, I am out time AND money, which are incredibly precious in my position. I will NEVER do business with them again, and I will ENSURE everyone that I know stays away from them as well. They were clearly looking to make a quick buck off of someone who was asking for a pie and received a sliver. When I was discussing my concerns with them (very respectfully) I was hung up on by one of their agents as well. Thanks a lot, LegalZoom.
More Legalzoom Complaints & Reviews
- legal zoom .com - ineffective will 
- LegalZoom/Registered Agent - Unauthorized Charges to My Account 
- Legal Zoom - Worst company ever 
- Legalzoom - Business Pro Advantage Membership 
- Legalzoom.com - Incorrect Documents 
- Legalzoom.com - failure to comply with their own return policy and lying.
- Legalzoom - Legalzoom claims no responsibility and refuses any refund 
- Legal Zoom - Stay away 
- Legalzoom.com - Price misleading 
- Legalzoom.com - Bad Product