Legalzoom

Posted:

Business Pro Advantage Membership

Ohio
I had LegalZoom do an LLC for me and bought the "gold" package that included a "free" trial of its Business Pro Advantage Membership. What LegalZoom doesn't tell you is that they will continue to bill your credit card month after month to extend this "free" membership at $29.99 a month. I never authorized a continuation of this service, yet was continually billed for it. I was never sent an email or received a phone call that notified me that this would be continually charged to my credit card. I had to log-on to LegalZoom's website to find out just what this charge was for. One of the reasons you can pick for cancelling Business Pro Advantage is "I never knew I had this service." So, if that is one of the reasons your own company lists, you know you are screwing people. Beware of this, if you are going to use LegalZoom. LegalZoom doesn't even let you cancel immediately so you can recoup any of the money stolen from you. This company should be called LegalSmarm.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances

Comments

N  20th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hi,
We are sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of and did not take advantage of. It is our policy to refund our customers in instances where they were unaware of being enrolled in our Legal Plans.

We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer, and it seems we fell short of that goal in this situation. The plan that you were enrolled into is a legal plan that entitles you to receive unlimited attorney consultations at the flat fee of $29.99 a month (cancellable at any time). However, if it is something that you specified you did not want to participate in, you definitely should not have been enrolled, and that is our mistake. Please accept our apologies and contact us so we may refund the fees you paid for the membership immediately.

You can reach me directly at Patty@lzserve.com or at 800-773-0888 x 8720.

Sincerely,
Patty
LegalZoom Customer Care
A  4th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree, LegalZoom does not allow corporate or service cancellations on-line.

They trust me to run my business, but not to manage my services.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree