LeatherUp.com / Very poor follow-up

I ordered a leather Motorcycle jacket from LeatherUp.Com. The jacket arrived,
and appeared to be a great value. However, when I put it on, it became apparent
that I ordered a jacket that was one size too small. I called the company to
find out exactly how to do an exchange. They told me to enclose a photo copy of
the original invoice, along with the filled-out exchange form. So I did as
instructed, and shipped the coat back to LeatherUp via FedEx within 2 days after
I received it. (They have a 30 day return policy).

The jacket was signed for at LeatherUp on April 25th. As of Friday May 12, I
have received no email stating that my new jacket is on it's way. When I
called LeatherUp on Tuesday May 9th, they said that sometimes it takes 2 - 3
weeks to get into their system, and that I should call back Friday (the 12th).
When I called today the (12th), they told me that the person who handles
exchanges doesn't work on Friday! When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I
was told that I was speaking with one already. When I asked to speak with a next
level supervisor, I was told that would be the owner, but that he doesn' take
phone calls!

Someone is supposed to call me on Monday with a status. If-when they do, it
will be one day short of three weeks since they've had my return in their hands.
I was very happy with the merchandise I received initially. But their ability
to handle routine customer service issues like exchanges is the pits!

Beware!!

To

Comments

• To
      8th of Jul, 2009

I ordered a Mesh Motorcycle Jacket from Leatherup and I ordered an Extra Large, this jacket I received had an XL tag on it but would not fit a 12 year old. Not knowing what size to order and returned it. The cost of returning was $8.80 for me plus Leatherup does not return shipping charges, so just to try this jacket on it cost me over $16.00. Then I wanted to put on a review on the website, the site will not let me because I did not purchase the jacket. So in effect anyone discussed with their product and returns it you will never see a bad review of the product. NEVER, EVER purchase anything from this company.

• Dr
      19th of Nov, 2010

I'm having a problem with sizing. Even their size chart on their website is wrong. Their sizing is bogus. In most cases what you get is not the correct size then they play games on returns and refunds. Beware is right.

This company should be investigated by the Feds.

• Dr
      19th of Nov, 2010

Correct. They only post positive reviews of which most of them they made up. We had a group purchase with 36 members of our club. All 36 of us received wrong sized items and nothing but hassles from the customer service people at this zoo. A real bunch of Buffoons and wankers.

• Go
      15th of Sep, 2012
    LeatherUp.com - Deceptive Company
    LeatherUp.com
    Los Angeles
    California
    leatherup.com

BEWARE OF LEATHERUP and their business practices. I recently purchased Xelement boots from LeatherUp. I rec'd the boots, they were way too big and were made in Pakistan. The promo ad that I had rec'd in my email read as though they were made in the US. The problems started when I returned the boots for exchange. I rec'd the boots back from the company because I didn't follow their exact instructions, then my credit card was charged with a fraudulent amount of $14.25 which my bank has quickly disputed. I believe this company is bilking thousands of $$$ from unaware consumers.

• Ba
      27th of Jul, 2016
    LeatherUp.com - The jacket only had a 1 month warranty, I found this out 6 weeks after I bought it
    Leatherup.com
    leatherup.com

Ordered a jacket early spring. After light use, I pulled out the zip-in insulation and found a hole in the liner and 2 more starting. At that time, a snap also came off.

The jacket only had a 1 month warranty, I found this out 6 weeks after I bought it.

Customer service did not care at all what happened and didn't bother to help with anything. Sure, after warranty but really, by 2 weeks. Something really should have been in order but they would not even offer a discount on another jacket.

As other reviewers have noted, leatherup will not post negative reviews on their site. that is misleading at best, I would say it is dishonest.

I might "leatherup" but it will never be with this seller.

• Di
      27th of Jul, 2016
    LeatherUp.ca - The quality is the worst and the seller is really rude
    leatherup.ca
    89109, 2620 S. Maryland Suite 846
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

My husband and I ordered 2 leather jackets from the website www.leatherup.ca. We received it on time, but it looked like piece of rubbish. The quality was the worst. I tried to return it and get refund, but these jerks refused and started to blame us and used a lot of unpleasant words. Be aware of that and post comments about your experience with them. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Let’s share views about this website.

• Do

Extortionist fake.

• Ta
      23rd of Oct, 2018
    LeatherUp.com - Poor Quality

Purchased a pair of shoes from the retailer but it was not up to the mark. Will never buy again from them ever.