Lease Trader.com / credit check

1 CA, United States Review updated:

As a third party in assuming leases, they demand that they do a credit check to "screen" potential buyers. But first you must pay 40 dollars to be a user on leasetrader.com. Then let them a non-finacial instituion, determine your credit worthyness. How can this even be legal? Who's protecting your information? And if I didn't use their service, why can't I get my money back?

I understand fully how lease assuming works. Leasetrader.com screening method reeks of identity theft, outright scam, or shady. Be warned!

Comments

• Ro
      20th of May, 2009

I have used both Swapalease and LeaseTrader.com to list my car, and all I can tell you is LeaseTrader.com works.

Every person that Swapalease sent me was denied by my finance company, and the first person LeaseTrader.com sent me got approved the first time. I would use them again.

• Da
      7th of Apr, 2010

I was attempted to use Lease Trader until I read the reviews. I posted my car on TradeALease.com and it was free. Yes Free - I sold it in a week, no extra fees. They don't get involved in any of the financial s and were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. I would recommend  everyone to TradeALease.com to get rid of a lease.

• Ve
      1st of Jul, 2010

What a scam this is... if you find a car you're interested in you would naturally click the "contact seller" button like I did. Then they ask you to register which is fair, so I did that. Then you DO NOT get to contact the seller! They demand that before you contact the seller you give them your social security number and let them run a credit check on you! Of course I did not do that, so the harassing emails and even PHONE CALLS started from day one. They call and email EVERY DAY telling me to give them my social security number. What are they, based in Nigeria? Are they going to tell me I had a rich uncle die and they need my bank info to give me my inheritance? What a bunch of slimeballs. Avoid this company and whatever you do, DO NOT give them your email and phone number!

1st of Nov, 2012

Looks like it's much easier to sell a car on leasetrader than to buy one...