Lease Finance Group LLC / unending lease, refusal to stop charges

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I have been paying 43.00 dollars a month for 7 or 8 yrs, I cannot get them to stop, I have stopped payments only to have them come in 6 months later and overdraw my account, costing me overdraft charges and personal embaressment, I have paid over 5, ooo dollars for an out dated credit card maching.

Comments

• Mi
      6th of Mar, 2009

I closed my checking account so they cannot get to my money. It has been a hassle but well worth it. Now they call me 6 or 7 times a day and I simply hang-up on them. The first couple of times I tried to explain to them that I did not know I was entering a contract with them but the man was very insulting and rude, now I don't even bother with them. I just hang up.

If you can see my "complaint" against them please follow the same letter writing campaign. I will post a copy of the letter once I am finished that will go out to the attorney generals of several states.

Do not let them get the best of you. They are a scam operation and it is time to close them down.

Michelle

• El
      13th of Dec, 2009

I totally agree. What should be done is a class action by the thousands of consumers who were ripped off by the company. If anyone is interested, I'm going to consult an attorney. Ellen maxhepp@yahoo.com

• Jd
      13th of Jan, 2010

Lease Finance Group has summoned me to small claims court. They are seeking $750.00 from me, in addition to the $650.00 I have already given them over a 1.5 year span of time. I could buy the credit card terminal in the same shape they sent in to me in for $88.95 online.

My complaints are the same as everyone else. Basically, the person who sold me on this told me that 1.) I would be able to cancel the lease and 2.) I had no other option but to lease (I could not buy a credit card terminal). I was naive and believed him.

I do not want to give these guys another dime! I actually would rather see them rot in prison. I am thinking that I might have a chance to rescind the contract do to misrepresentation, but I don't know how I would prove that the salesman told me it could be cancelled.

Does anybody have any updates on this? Has anybody been successful getting out of this lease?

E-mail: joe@dundashome.com

• Pb
      27th of Mar, 2010

Like I said. I closed my bank account. Cut off the milk and now all they can do is call me and harass me. Later they will probably turn this over to a collection agency. Eventually the collection agency will go away. There has to be a legal method of getting these jerks off our backs?

Small claims court? My attorney will love this one!!! First lets summon the jerk who had me sign the lease based on lies and deception and see what he has to say... I say lets just go to trial and expose these idiots for good. Maybe a 10 million dollar lawsuit will take them off the map.

For the record I am using paypals credit card processing service. No contract. $30.00 a month. No hassle. No tech support issues. Just a good service. Amen.

• Ro
      1st of Jul, 2010

pleas join to my group in facebook: lease finance group scam/fraud.
    we going to a public lawsuit pleas join to us and explain your situation
    on the group page.

• Jd
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I am now free of Lease Finance Group. Here is what I did.

I looked at all of the cases in Chicago where the Plaintiff was Lease Finance Group (there are a lot of them). There are two overwhelming endings to all cases.

1.) Ex Parte Judgment. This means that the defendant did not show up. In this case, Lease Finance Group automatically gets everything they are asking for. Unfortunately, this is the result of approximately 90% of the cases in Chicago.

2.) Case dismissed with prejudice. This means that Lease Finance Group either dropped the case or the defendant won the case. The "with prejudice" means that they can not come after you in the future for this case.

Whatever you do... SHOW UP FOR COURT. If you do not show up for court then Lease Finance Group will automatically get what they want and they will garnish your wages to get it. SHOW UP FOR COURT.

I showed up for court. Here are the details.
    1.) Showed up for first court date. Talked to Lease Finance Group lawyer, Ari Madoff. He offered a deal and I declined. Got a new court date.
    2.) Showed up for second court date. Ari Madoff offered me a deal. I declined. A new court date was set.
    3.) Showed up for the third court date. Ari Maddoff told me that they are dropping the case. My court case ended up in "Case dismissed with prejudice".

Bottom Line: SHOW UP FOR COURT. Lease Finance Group is making money hand over fist with the default judgments (Ex Parte Judgments). This is what they are going after. It appears that if you just always show up for court, they will drop the case. They really just are wanting people to not show up for court. SHOW UP FOR COURT!!!