Lease Finance Group LLC / took $587.35 from my bank account over a matter of 1 1/2 years

My business, Sarah’s Stop-N-Go, was open form June14, 2006 to March 10, 2008. Somewhere between June and November of 2006, I signed on with Money Tree Merchant Services for their check-processing machine. During this time, I lost a lot of money using their credit/check machine, which was processed by Global Payments, Inc.

Global Payment Inc was suppose to prevent bad checks, but instead, if I was written a check and the check-processing machine said it was good, I was to give the customer their check back, and keep the credit card like receipt. So when it really wasn’t good, which happened more than once, I lost the money. The company was suppose to reimburse me, but instead always had an excuse why it was my fault and would not follow through.

After November 2006, I had a complaint filed against me with Better Business Bureau by a lady, whose check I had ran, because Global Payments Inc ran her check twice and caused her overdraft fee’s and also a returned draft to my business. The company tried to say I ran the check twice, which was not true. She did pay me for the amount of the check, with no overdraft charge, but she filed the complaint against me, when it was Global Payments Inc. fault.

I did give her Money Tree Merchant Services number because she felt she was entitled to reimbursement on the over draft fees, and I also felt she was entitled; after all it was Global Payments Inc fault.

It was after this that I contacted Money Tree Merchant Services and told them I no longer wanted to use their services, and asked them to quit withdrawing money from my account. I did not realize there was also another company involved, which was Lease Finance Group LLC.

Money Tree Merchant Services sent me a postage packing slip to mail the machine back to them at their expense, which I did. In the meantime, with so much activity from my Oil Company lease in my bank account, I never questioned the $34.55 that was coming from my account; I assumed it was The oil company withdrawing the money for their credit card machine, when in fact it was Lease Finance Group LLC.

The total amount of $587.35 from that moment until I closed the store and had my account closed in May of 2008 has been withdrawn from my account for equipment I did not have or use.

Now Lease Financing Group LLC is harassing me several times a day with phone calls, in which no one talks to me, they just play annoying drum music into the earpiece or give me a recording. And they keep sending mail saying I owe them money, when in fact they owe me $587.35.

Now I am trying to contact Money Tree Merchant Service via e-mail and phone, to no avail. They have once answered my email, only to give me another run around, a phone number that has been disconnected. All I get from other numbers are recordings no actual person to talk to.

Va

Comments

• Be
      8th of Jun, 2009

if you own a business that don't want to go through a nightmare, yes do not do by any means do business
    with MSI Merchant service which is apparantely owned by LFG and by offering a low rate on your credit card processing they get you into signing a
    4 years used hyper com processing machine and once it does go out youy nightmare usually start and you have noticed you have signed into a fraudelant contract tht you can not get out for a piece used machine that carry no warranty at all and initially
    the salesman who represent both company tells you
    $900.00 savings a year on processing fees and try to get you to sign $79.95 leasing the mahine and then settlle for $59.95 and when statment arrived, state tax and insurance add it up to $79.95 a month and in addition the defective machine was out for two month without getting another machine to use, they took monthly fees without providing the service for six month till I stopped automatic payment withdrawl
    from our account and when I cancelled MSI Merchan
    the they tried to zap me for $1000.00 instaed of $250.00 stated in their contract which they took it from our account without notice and or authorization and worse nightmare came after I cancelled the
    leased contract they bombareded not just my business but my home phone number like collection agency disturbing my family peace and demanding for
    full contract cancellation fees and kept saying we have nothing to do with the machine itself and just a fianancing the machine and in their phony and elusive contract they agreed and promised not to take away the enjoyment of the using the said leased machine which took more two weeks of frastrations to find out who owns the machine and its defects like a used piece of furniture I must have leased and not An eletronic device with leaving the defect of the machine onto our shoulder to fix and repair and pay to re-program it to be used again and it 's a big shame that they are still in businesss with the same shady practices and they are practically crooks No# 1

• St
      3rd of Jul, 2009

You guys read any of my posts? The harassment has stopped. The credit report was corrected. Complaints were filed with the BBB, Attorney general, FTC, and FCC...against LFG. LFG I heard has closed its chicago's office because of my onslaught of complaints and the people I have ...banded together...I can help you...

• Ha
      18th of Aug, 2009

The same scandolous fraud happend to me and a few of my business colleagues.I know about 5 other business recently scammed as well. Were from Baton Rouge La. And the nightmare has just begun.I never saw any of these papers untill they faxed back with a forged initial/signature and an added last page.I already closed my account due to un authorised withdrawls . If you can help contact Inez Terrance nz_sctt@yahoo.com

• Un
      7th of Mar, 2010

I suggest that You notify the I.R.S, and state athorities as well in each state thre is a complaint.Apparently Lease Finance Group LLC out of chicago is tax evading at a state level and probably at a federal level as well, possibly scaming insurance companies nation wide as well.Firstly they charged for taxes in Florida when they leased a machine to a client there, but weren't even registered with the state to do so meaning "the kept the money"could be doing this nation wide!!!Also they write in an insurance fee for a machine they really could care less about two points here really do they charge for the true value of the machine?, $160.00, or the value of the uncancelable lease?How many insurance companies?How many machines were sent back intact from customers with tracking numbers, how many were actually observed or claimed over the years returned and or as a cosequence denied having been recieved in pristine condition as mine was, or probably just thrown out and claimed.That would be insurance fraud.There were serial numbers?How many insurance companies?Probably a goodly number nation wide.It' gone way past TORT in total monies involved .through act or omission, through action or innaction a crime is being committed and the athorities should act!They're aware of this but don't act ...well now their aware that they are being ripped off too now!lets see what happens now!

• Ro
      1st of Jul, 2010

pleas join to my group in facebook: lease finance group scam/fraud.
    we going to a public lawsuit pleas join to us and explain your situation
    on the group page.

• Me
      18th of Feb, 2011

Hey everyone, there are literally thousands of companies nationwide that call themselves "MSI something" or "Something MSI". I too was taken a few years ago when I though I was signing with my bank, when I got my statement it wasn't from my bank. After careful research I found that there are so many scandalous companies in this industry it is mind blowing. The best I have found is the real and the first "Merchant Services, Inc." They are affiliated with the First National Bank Of Omaha. They lease equipment but certainly aren't owned by LFG. While I'm certain that they do have some reps that aren't on the up and up, the customer service is amazing and always quick. They have been around since the 1980s and many people have added MSI or Merchant Services Inc to their business names in order to make their back room scam job look like a reputable business. I hope this helps. Sorry for all your troubles!

• Al
      26th of Nov, 2014

I got scam from LFG .I have to pay them $3000 .I dont want pay to them do this go to my credit report?

• Lu
      10th of Aug, 2015

Lenders know these guys are a joke. Just show them the BBB site and have a good laugh. Lenders will usually give you a chance to explain a credit report anomaly like LFG.