Laura Ashley / design service order!

1 England, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:

I used their design service in June 2007, and spent £7000 in total on furniture, curtains, cushions and lamps. Never again. Things arrived damaged, curtains were the wrong size, (made to measure supposedly) things were missed off the order, replacements were wrong - I could go on.!!. NOBODY would take responsibility, e mails were unanswered, I spent hours on the phone and call center staff couldn't even find my order. I tried to send everything back but they refused. I eventually agreed on an amount of compensation and repairs - I am still waiting. Appalling. Seriously thinking of approaching watchdog as I would hate another customer to experience this dreadful service. DON'T TOUCH THEM UNLESS YOU CAN BUY IT THERE AND THEN AND TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU.

Comments

• Em
      24th of Feb, 2009

I am shocked by customer service at Laura Ashley.
    Absolutely unacceptable, especially in a recession.
    I was basically told that despite the awful service that I had received, they were not interested in helping me find the product I wanted to buy. One lady even said that their records had not been updated since 2005 so they didn't know anything about their stock. Unbelievable, I do not advise giving yourself the pain of calling this company.
    When I eventually spoke to a manager, he told me that he could not ring round some stores because it would be too much bother. I had at this point, driven round most of the stores and yes, he was right, it was a lot of bother and I didn't get anywhere.
    Each person I spoke to had a completely different answer to my questions which makes their entire 'customer services' a complete and utter shambles.

• Li
      17th of Apr, 2009

I have made / attempted to make 4 furniture purchases from LA over the last 10 years. Every time exactly the same concerns - appalling quality, and a couldn't care less approach to customer service. I usually have got over each experience after 2 years (hence the time span) but really have had enough with my latest experience (see response to padstow sofa). DO NOT USE LAURA ASHLEY. It will cost you a fortune, and you will neverget what you thought you wanted. Next stop Watchdog...

• Be
      14th of May, 2009

Yes - customer services - what a joke!

• La
      27th of Oct, 2009

As an ex member of Laura Ashley Staff I could add many many more complaints to this list. They are no more interested in customer service than they are looking after their staff. All that matters is how much money they are taking. They have known issues with shrinking fabrics and poor quality furniture but are still taking customers money and waiting for them to complain but then not showing any interest at all.

• Sb
      13th of Nov, 2009

Newcastle, Staffordshire, shop flatly refused to exchange a beaded quilt, which was daily losing more beads, for a friend so she contacted Trading Standards who gave her a sale of goods act to quote in a letter. She then wrote to the CEO and their reply letter told her to take the quilt into the shop for another one. They replaced the quilt.

I recently saw Lucille silk fabric on their website with 30% off, went into the shop and was told that the sale had finished, they had nothing to do with the website and they had no samples and no material in. The material was on the website with 30% off for a further 4 days.

ps Such stuck up staff in the Newcastle, Staffordshire, shop - don't want to help you really!!! It's almost empty every time I go in.

• Se
      17th of Nov, 2010

Sadly, I too can empathise. I have ordered furniture on 3 different occassions. My sofa (due 2nd Sept) arrived damaged - they took it away and have still not re-delivered it. They didn't even offer to send me a new one but said they would decide whether to repair it or not?!? They haven't turned up for my other deliveries and I am still waiting. I had a rude person tell me to just wait on the day of delivery despite the time slot allocated passing and they just didn't turn up. I would recommend using the say no to 0870 website and not lining their pockets any further with the 0871 (10p per minute) number. VERY VERY poor service if only others knew this before ordering they might not be so keen to use their service. It is a shame as their designs, for the most part, are very nice.