Laura Ashley / customer service

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

When I tried to contact Laura Ashley Customer Services, I emailed them and got no reply. I emailed again and got no reply. I contacted the store and they said they'd ring back, but they didn't. I rang the switchboard and there were only options about the delivery of goods or credit cards.
When I got through to a person by randomly selecting an option, they sounded rather disengaged but when I asked them how to get in touch over a particular matter they suggested I email them at customer services. Rarely have I found it so hard to get in touch.

Eventually I got a response telling me that they valued me as a customer but they were not going to do anything about my particular issue. Laura Ashley's marketing department must be weeping as ther £spend on adverting to bring people into the shop at one end of the business is thrown away by customer services at the other.

Some businesses see a moaning customer as a chance to turn them into real advocates for the business. If Laura Ashley cannot even answer emails or ring back then responding to customers is not high on their 'to do' list, whatever managment may say!

Be

Comments

• Pl
      11th of Feb, 2010

I would agree with all of your comments, Laura Ahley customer services are absolutely incompetant.
    Never call you back and each time you call them you have to wait ages and it is a special service so costs a small fortune on phone bills!!

• Be
      11th of Jan, 2012

Totally agree. I am having the similar issue as you. The Laura Ashley customer service never give us a call before or after we compliant.

And also they didn't solve the problem for the customers. I think they are helpless and useless! Finally, we will have to refund it otherwise we will have to wait another 2and half months, which means we wait this items about 5months!!

29th of Mar, 2012
    Laura Ashley - Time limit on credit Voucher
    Laura Ashley
    Yeovil
    England, Somerset
    United Kingdom

I missed the return deadline of 14days ( indicated in VERY small print) for 4 sale items by a few hours. I was offered a credit voucher in exchange.
    Luckily at my local store I was informed that it would expire after 28 days leaving very little time to spend over £100 worth of credit.
    ( Some customers have NOT been told about this very short time limit)
    I refused the credit note and took my unwanted goods home. I managed to find an email for the CEO, emailed my complaint and eventually received a reply 6 days later. By doing this I did receive instructions to return to the store where I would receive a credit note with a limit of 18months! That is why I am posting here. If you experience a similar situation email this address Customer.Relations@lauraashley.com or lilian.tan@lauraashley.com and you may be able to resolve your problem. Ms Tan has left the company but it may get forwarded to Customer Relations. This company seem to make a satisfied customer hard to achieve. They still stick to the 28day credit limit often without informing customers. Once my credit note is spent I will take my custom elsewhere.

• Ge
    Bournemouth
    England, Dorset
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01202 302899

We purchased a leather Chesterfield sofa and footstool.A slight spillage has damaged the leather.The branch from which we purchased these items could offer no help or assistance other than to get it 'professionally' treated.In other words, "Don't bother us"

• Gr
      27th of Feb, 2013

We have had the same appalling customer service as experienced by most customers endevouring to complain.We have had an ongoing case with Laura Ashley who have "stonewalled" us by refusing to accept any liability or blame for our sofa that, after treatment by Guardsman, changed colour back to the base- colour of the fabric. Had we not paid £200 for fabric treatment, we would have had no avenue of recourse but it would appear that the fabric used is clearly not "fit-for-use" and we will have an ongoing problem with any stains. Despite having an independent examination by a qualified upholsterer Laura Ashley still refute any blame saying the structure is sound !! Our sofa is only 5 months old and looks 10 years old, we are totally disgusted with them and intend to pursue the matter through arbitration, though they seem unperturbed by the prospect !! The messag is "DON'T BUY FROM LAURA ASHLEY"..nice design and quite comfortable but NO AFTERSALES

• Nu
      5th of Aug, 2013

I totally agree with the above comments. Laura Ashley's customer service is in fact non-existent. I am still waiting for a refund. I have emailed them twice - no response. Eventually had to call them at 10p per minute! When I eventually got through spoke to some gormless individual who did confirm that they had received the item back and he would 'expedite the refund straight away'. That was last week. The cost of that call was well over £1.

As I paid with paypal I have had to contact them. They did offer to contact Laura Ashley via email to request a refund, but guess what - still no response!. Answer is do not purchase anything from Laura Ashley, if you do, you will give yourself a whole lot of hassle not to mention the cost of phone call at 10p per minute - and they do keep you waiting.

29th of Aug, 2013

I have lost the will to live!!! The staff employed must be from a special agency, they are ignorant, rude, incompetent and could not care less about customer care!!
    A large order was placed 27/07/13, click and collect at Giltbrook, had a phone call from them to state 2 parcels there for collection, asked them to check if order complete as didn't want to make 2 journeys, " can't do that, not allowed" was asked to collect ASAP as their store room not very big!! My son collected, but they only gave him 1 parcel, phoned them, was told only they didn't have any more, told her I was advised 2 parcels were there,
    No, I must have been mistaken, I asked what I could do to trace my missing parcel, she told me, contact Customer Services, I said this was a premium number and it takes ages, she said she knew that!! I asked to speak to manageress, not available. I asked her to check store room again, she said no point, but then hey ho, my parcel was found, the store room is so untidy, she missed it!!! My son went for second time to collect and guess what, when I opened box 3 items missing. Rang them again, nothing to do with them, speak to customer services. Sent email, no response, rang customer services, press this, press the other, wait 15minutes, finally a human vioice. Went through the saga, he aologised and then, unbelievable, the 3 items that are missing was never dispatched, as out of stock, not expecting them in until end of September, I should have had an email or phone call or letter, he apologized again, he admitted very poor service. I cancelled items, they have had my money since July 27th, it might take a week before a refund done, so the poor service continues. I think Laura Ashley should spend less on advertising and more on staff training, customer care is non existent in this business, they could learn a lot from
    John Lewis, whose customer satisfaction is priority.
    I will never purchase from Laura Ashley again!!

• Jm
      20th of Nov, 2014

Is Laura Ashley about to go out of business? On 28 October I ordered and paid for a curtain tie back online. I chose to collect from a local store. Apart from receiving an acknowledgement of my order I heard nothing more. They are supposed to email you when the order is despatched. They say they don't tell you when it has arrived at the store. They will keep it for 10 days then return to the warehouse. Today, at some expense, I rang the 0871 number only to get through to my local store! I asked if I could be given a local number and was told no. I was told my order had arrived on 4 November. No-one had told me it had been despatched. I don't understand why they haven't returned it to the warehouse as per their terms. I said I had been forced to buy the item elsewhere after having waited over 3 weeks an hearing nothing. They are going to return it to the warehouse. If I wanted to complain I would have to make another call. I called and hung up after 8 minutes. Last time I will use Laura Ashley.

18th of Jul, 2016

I bought four tins of paint via Click and Collect. I duly picked up the paint and put it aside until we were ready to decorate. On checking a couple of weeks later the tin on the 5 litre can had 'blown'. (It was not in a warm or hot room - in fact it's the coolest in the house.) The paint had seeped out of the can through the lid and down the tin, and the base was convex so it wobbled. Luckily I had not removed all the plastic wrapping so the paint didn't reach my carpet. I spoke to my local store and they kindly agreed to swap it for me but asked me if I would write to Customer Services as this had happened on a number of occasions before and apparently no action had been taken. I duly wrote on 15 June to the Customer Services Dept attaching photos of the tin. To cut a long story short I was emailed late Friday afternoon 17 June and the person - Jordan A - no idea if that's first name or surname, male or female - apologised saying my complaint would be passed to the relevant department to prevent it happening to other customers. I was advised to leave the plastic bag on the tin when transporting it for the exchange. D'oh!! Am I likely to take it off and get covered in paint? I was then told "I do hope you are delighted with your paint once exchanged". I didn't expect too much but maybe a £5 voucher to recompense me for another journey into town and parking fees would be nice. I wrote a second email on 18 June saying I felt 'fobbed off' with the first and could they let me know what action they had taken to ensure this doesn't happen again (I love the quality of the paint itself). Receiving no reply I wrote again on 3 July and surprise surprise have still had no reply. The manager and assistants in my local store are all delightful and very helpful but Laura Ashley's Customer Service Department lets the company down badly. In fact Customer Service is a misnomer! They need to get their act together!! Rant over (and given up chasing).