Land Rover Canada & J.W. Auto / Stroke of luck

Please find below a letter to Land Rover Richmond B.C. Canada who sold and serviced the vehicle and the dealer J.W. Auto also in Richmond who sold me the vehicle, as well as a complaint registered and filed as warranty void so no compensation is pending.

I've been instructed to respond to Land Rover Canadian Customer Relations with regards to my issue. My name is Audra Rosendale and I purchased a used Freelander from J.W. Auto in Richmond B.C. Canada, in August. I thought it was the cats meow at 33,000 kms and $20,000 CAD I thought I had hit the jackpot. Being in the market to purchase a new vehicle I was very pleased. What a stroke of luck. This all changed on Wednesday October 11, 2006 when it left me stranded (good thing I had not picked up my 1 1/2 and 3 year old from daycare yet) on the Sherwood Park Freeway. I have roadside assistance with AMA and had to have the vehicle towed to Land Rover of Edmonton, AB. When I received the call back on the repair status, I was told the transmission was shot. Not only did my jaw hit the ground with disbelief, I was told the repair cost would be $5200.00 plus tax as the vehicle was rendered inoperable. The waranty is for 50,000 miles or 4 years which ended June 22, 2006. With extremely low miles, I feel as a consumer stuck and suckered with an obviously faulty or inferior product. Reqardless of the warranty, this is an extreme situation. I am extremely frustrated and bewildered. What I thought was going to be a luxurious and worry free purchase has been met with a laxidazical attitude that anything mechanical is prone to breaking down frustrating as this may be. This I understand, but as a consumer I feel that reputation and comitment to customer satisfaction should be a priority. I am asking for some assistance with regards to the financial responsibility that has been placed upon me to fix the vehicle. Your assistance with this matter and fair business practice is all that I am asking for.

Sincerely,
Audra

Au

Comments

Ge
  13th of May, 2007

Did you really send a letter about business practices to a dealer you didn't buy from? "Hello Mercedes, my Mazda is broken, what are you going to do about it?" Do your own DD when buying something. Did you do any prior to buying a Freelander? If so, what did your research tell you?