Lady of America / Membership

I don't want to be in a 3 years automatic membership payments, but lady of America put me in that way without my sign and consent. That's no fair! They bring to me a # for Spanish client services, but nobody answers me. I need to cancel my membership, but I don't know how. They want my money for three years, and I'm not going to pay for that, I don't want to go any more. They told me that I need to communicate with National Fitness. I'm not going to pay for something that I'm not going to use.

Va

Comments

• Ol
      10th of May, 2009

I have had the worst experience with the one in Miami Lakes but I have no choice but to continue going since they have me stuck on the contract:
    1) When I fist signed up I explained that I do not live in Miami on a full time basis and that I needed a month to month. The young girl assured me it was not a contract and that it was month to month. Next thing I know they say it is for 36 months and there is no way out and Carmen, the manager actually said, "Well, you should have read the contract." I guess I should have...trusting the girl who clearly explained it as otherwise is not enough...
    2) I emailed Carmen three times and she only responded once to tell me she would be responding to my email. It has been over three months and she has yet to answer any of my emails.
    3) I was stopped at the door last month told that my monthly payment was not made. (I am on auto-pay out of my checking account.) I had 5 minutes to run to my trainer session so I told the girl at the front desk I would take care of it as soon as my workout was done. She refused me entry into the gym and said I could not go in until after I paid. I explained to her it must be some sort of mistake because I have more than enough in my account and it always comes out of there but that I had to hurry or miss my scheduled trainer appointment in the gym. She was rude and singlemindedly refused so I had to just go in and do my workout and tell her to investigate the issue and get back to me so I can help fix it. She was so rude and even threatened to call the police on me to get me out of the gym. She treated me like a common thief and I was so insulted.
    When I explained that I suspected that the problem was that Washington Mutual was changing over to Chase Manhattan and that they were sending new cards out she said, "No, because you are the only one with this problem and there are other Washington Mutual clients." She actually followed me to the treadmill to harass me, tell me this and then tell me she was calling the police. Wow.
    I called the home office and explained the situation.
    I also called my bank and IN FACT they said they had sent me a new debit card that showed Chase instead of WAMU. I went home and got the new card, which I did find in my mail box, and called it into the home office.
    4) I placed a complaint to Heidi in the home office, who was very empathetic and nice, and she said she would forward it on. She did and later followed up with me telling me Carmen said she would call me back. It has been over three weeks since Heidi told me that and still Carmen has not called me or answered my calls.

I AM STUCK THERE NOW...and I regret it... :(
    ...watch out.

• Fr
      27th of Jan, 2011

When I went to sign up for the membership, the woman told me there were two options:
    1) pay an enrollment fee and pay $19/mo for a year or
    2) pay no enrollment fee, but pay $34/mo on a monthly basis. She told me you could cancel anytime but probably would be charged an extra month.
    I chose the second option because I was only going to be renting my apartment for 9 months. After a few visits I really didn't like the gym- it was dirty, had no water fountain, and the building definitely wasn't up to code (weird steps everyone tripped over, etc) I decided to quit. When I went to the gym they told me I couldn't quit there and i would have to call the main headquarters. When I did that they told me I had a 36-mo contract. I said no I did not. They said look at your contract. Apparently I did. The lady blatantly lied to me. And I will not stand for that. I will sue this scamming piece of garbage gym before they get that money.

• Kd
      29th of Mar, 2011
    Lady of America - Scam
    Lady Of America

I joined LOA in 2007 and then moved away and sent them a letter stating that I had moved and would be cancelling my contract because there was no LOA where I lived. They have been still deducting my membership for over 3 years and sent my account to National Fitness when i started to dispute the withdrawls. National Fitness told me tom stop disputing the withdrawls because they are not getting paid and keep adding that amount to my balance. I think this is the worst company I have had to deal with, very unprofessional, would not recommend them to anyone. I believe that owe me money now because they have been withdrawing from my account for so long. I will be contacting the BBB and the attorney generals office regarding this matter.

• Ly
      6th of Jul, 2011

I was recently also charged from Lady of America yesterday for an account that was canceled on Jan 3rd 2011. This was the first payment taken since 6 months and they told me my contract has been renewed. I was highly upset because my Lady of America contract was renewed without my consent. They said it renews on its own. I had to call a 1800 number and wait on the phone to argue with a female who could not answer any of my questions. She kept repeating over and over the same answers. I got upset and called again to speak to another representative who seem to cover the story as well. She stated i could cancel on the phone and i did. But still this money that was taken from my account will never be refunded. As of right now they state my account for the gym is cancelled and i hope they keep their word of not taking no more money from my account that has been cancelled since January and for a gym that has been closed for morre than 3 months in my town. They are raping money from people and think they can get away with it .

• Va
      7th of Jun, 2016
    Lady of America - What should I do?
    Lady of America
    www.ladyofamerica.com

Lady of America did not post my payment of $144.90 and when I sent them the proof (mind you I sent it 5 times to five different reps) that I had already payment they sent me to collections. Now I’m stuck in collections and cannot get out till I pay $144.90 again with late fees added. Customer service is a joke they don’t know anything and the collection agency knows even less. I mean if they can’t make important decisions why put them there they should just have an answering service that said "there is nothing that I can do", " I don’t know how to help you with this". I just want them to tell collections that it was already paid is that so hard. I really don’t know how to handle this problem, what should I do, I have the proof that I have paid all my bills but no one cares, any suggestions.