La Quinta Inns & Suites / air conditioner/heater blew out in the early morning
I checked into the La Quinta Inns & Suites on North Central Expressway on 01/28/2019. I was assigned room #300. I went to sleep and was awakened at approximately 4:30 AM because I couldn't breathe and I heard a loud beeping noise. I realized the beeping noise was the smoke detector going off ! I got up and heard a loud cranking noise coming from the air conditioner/heater unit in my room. I could smell smoke or gas or carbon monoxide coming from the air conditioner/heater unit. I ran to the unit and unplugged it and went down stairs to informed the night clerk of the incident and I needed another room.
I was assigned another room but I didn't sense that the severity of the incident was realized. There was a security guard in the lobby. The night clerk nor the security guard went to room # 300 to see what happened. No one asked if I was injured or unharmed. Due to my quick and decisive reactions to the situation, a major incident was diverted. I shutter to think that I or other guests at the La Quinta Inn & Suites could have died or been seriously injured if I hadn't woke up and heard the smoke alarm going off.
I am open to your suggestions for a mutual resolution without involving my attorney.
More La Quinta Inns & Suites Complaints & Reviews
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - charged twice 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - hold on debit card
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - incomplete dental crown service since 11/2009 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - overcharged 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - didn't honor long-standing reservations 
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - Over Charged
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - room
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - the room was horrible!
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - not honoring reservation or points plan
- La Quinta Inns & Suites - my unpleasant stay