LA Fitness - Hunters Creek - Orlando / kids klub

1 South Orange Blossom TrailOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:

The Kids Klub at the Hunters Creek LA Fitness is a total nightmare. I will not take my kids there anymore. The first time I took my 3 year old there at 8AM and after my workout an hour later went down to pick her up, there were a dozen children including 4 babies all under the age of 3 and the lady that was suppose to be watching them was on her cellphone for 15 minutes with her back to the kids, while I stood in the room with her! I didn't want to leave cause she wasn't watching any of them and 2 of the babies were sitting on the floor in the middle of the big kids screaming! I went straight to the front desk and complained to a manager and he said he would address it.

Fast forward to the next time my husband goes and takes my 3 & 6 year olds...she never got out of her chair the entire time, cause of all the visitors she had coming to chat with her. He went and complained and again, it would be addressed.

Yesterday I was there, without my kids this time and I was working out right in front of the door and in the one hour I was there, her husband/boyfriend/whatever came in to visit with her 4 times, the cleaning lady came in 2 times chatting and then another lady chatted with her for 10 minutes and did not have a child to drop off. When I got home, I called them back and complained.

This morning I took just my 3 year at 8AM and there were no kids there, so I was like, okay, it's just the two of them (it isn't hard to watch ONE child)...as soon as I walk out of the room, the lady walks out behind me & heads to the front desk and leaves my daugter in the room alone!!! I turned around and got my daughter and left and took her to grandmas house. I came back and complained before working out and of course, it will be addressed. (YEAH RIGHT!)...then while I am working out the ladies husband came in several times to chat and the cleaning lady, too, all the while, her back was to the babies and toddlers in the room! Then while I am on the treadmill (you can look down right into the Kids Klub...I timed her 17 minute phone coversation! AGAIN!

I am so FURIOUS that ANY company would allow this to happen under their roof! They are suppose to be watching children...not animals! From now on, we are just coordinating with grandma to watch our kids while we are at the gym. I cannot workout and be a nervous wreck the entire time wondering if my daughter is in safe hands or not.

Comments

• Cu
      24th of May, 2009

I work at a kids club in California and we do get some employees that don't care at all about the kids, I am the kids club supervisor and my staff is all very attentive to our kids at the gym, I feel so bad for you and your experience my advice is to check out the person working at the kids club before even signing up to that gym, 24 hour fitness has a kids club that has a ratio of 10 kids per employee and babies under 18 months count as 3 kids so we never get too many to watch.
    You know at the gym those girls get paid minimum and ya, a lot of times they just work their to get a free gym membership. Be careful where you place your kids even just for an hour. -

• Ga
      2nd of Aug, 2013

We are in Columbus, Ohio and I have so many complaints about the Kids Klub here. I'm so livid right now. And what's with allowing personal friends of employees be in the Kids Klub?!?!! That's my main complaint, other than an employee being a jerk to a baby. I'm fed up. I wish I never joined this gym.