LA Fitness / took my money without my consent

I signed up for personal training at LAFITNESS in Rowlett TX. After and injury in October 2008 I had to cancel. I was willing to follow through with them charging half my remaining balance. Yet every month since they have been taking the regular fee of 160/month out of my checking account. I spoke and visited with them in November and December when I received no satisfaction. Finally they took the last payment out in January, but that would have been my final payment anyway. They still have yet to refund money. This to me is Fraud!!!

Comments

17th of Sep, 2009

LA Fitnss has taken unauthorized charges from my account as well. I have a high risk pregnancy. I've almost had a miscarraige, and therfore could not continue with the personal trainer. I followed all of the proceedures to cancel my personal trainer. The gym staff member I spoke with said that my card would be charged the $180.00 for the next month and that would be it. Last night I looked at my online banking statements and found that they not only charged for the month they said they would but also 2 additional months . They even charged twice for one month. I was so upset that I cancelled my credit card. I tried to go on their website to cancel my gym membership as well but there is always an error message stating that I can not acess it at the time. I am so upset about La Fitness.