Krystal International Vacation Club Pv Mexico / timeshare scam

1 Mexico Review updated:

my husband and I were on our first vacation to mexico feb 2013, we were approached at the super market down the street by a man who called himself hector the protector, told we could get a free whale watching tour for listening to a hour presentation at krystal. we were sent off to the office in back with a salesman named Jim Luhrs (an American) he plied us with drinks and put the high pressure sales to us after hours of saying no to the timeshares, he came up with we would not have to even stay there and with the help of a company named van com(we found out a bogus company) we would eventually be able to pay off the timeshares and make some money so it was a good investment. we still said no but this man was very persistent, and eventually we agreed and signed.we were to receive our first monies in nov 2013, last month (july) I got a bad feeling and decided to check on things, that's when we found out van com was no longer going. so we contacted krystal, we told them about the lies their salesman told us and asked to have our contract canceled considering the unethical and fraudulent circumstances it was signed. of course they refused . we are now disputing it with our credit card and we are writing a letter to profeco. needless to say I am having a breakdown over this. they should be sued for not only financial damages but emotional as well. someone suggested a class action suit, I'd be up for it. this winter we were going to go back to mexico, but have such bitterness against the whole place we are going to cuba instead. If all this fails we will pay off the mastercard, chop it and let the chips fall were they may. any helpful advice would be welcome.

Oo
Aug 17, 2013

Comments

• Ro
      11th of Oct, 2013

Timeshare scams are HUGE problem in Mexico. We purchased a Royal Elite Timeshare last year. We were promised all kinds of opportunity, while they kept serving us cold Coronas. Between HSI, RCI, and Royal Elite it seems that this is all a scam. We initially made three payments of $800, and now after Royal Elite has made a mistake with their collections back in the end of 2008, Monterey Financial has been threatening to send me to court to recover the unpaid portion ever since. Royal Elite is almost impossible to contact. This has become a huge pain, and a troubling financial burden. These are more complaints made on the Royal Elite timeshare resorts:

We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with PROFECO and will continue to haunt them

• Pa
      26th of Jun, 2015

contact me as I am working for a client that was also ripped off by this person Pauline Fletcher 928-257-1340