Kroger / inappropriate behavior

Wellington, KS, United States

While at work today waiting on a customer, I was belittle and demeaned in front of a customer by the floral manager, Char Titus. This is not the first time that this has happened. I was in the middle of waiting on the customer when she started talking over me about how I didn't know what I was doing. The customer is the administrator of a big nursing facility here in Wellington, and was needing balloons blown up with helium for a big open house that they are having on May 3rd. She was more than willing to pay for the helium. We have done this in the past, since we didn't have the exact colors needed for the open house. Char then walked away. The customer, looked at me and could hardly speak. She was very uncomfortable with what had just happened. The customer then asks me, "Does she always talk down to you and so condescending?" I apologized to the customer and reassured her that I would take care of her order. This is not the first time that this has happened. She has also done this other times. Another time while waiting on a customer she pushed me over to the side and told the customer that she would be happy to take care of them, as I was only there to be her maid and clean up after her. The customer and her husband, looked at me awkwardly and went back to placing their order. There needs to a reprimand for her actions. If I was in the wrong she should have taken me to the side and discussed this with me, not call me out and make me look like an idiot in front of customers. She has no customer service skills and needs to be in a different field of employment!

An