Kitchenaid / repair or replacement!

Whitby, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 905-623-2757
I really wish I would have seen this site years ago. My husband & I purchased our appliances April 2007 from the Bad Boy store in Whitby. These included a side by side fridge, a gas stove, a dishwasher and an over the range microwave. It took us until last week to have the microwave replaced seeing that the original one had a fan with a burnt motor from the time of purchase. Over the past year we have made at least 2 dozen phone calls to the manager, customer service, the service dept, the repair shop that was supposed to fix the problem, and to Whirlpool( Kitchen Aid). We were constantly given the run around and I lost track as to how many times the buck was past to someone else.For a business who uses the logo "Nooobody Does it Better". This is false advertising cause everyone else seems to do it better. I can't believe that it took us 2 week short of an entire year to replace something that was sold to us in a defective state. Please, I beg of you, if you want good service and quality shop elsewhere.

Comments

Ka
  7th of Aug, 2008
My husband and I built a new home and our builder recommended Kitchen aid appliances. What a mistake. We had to have the repair man out to fix our dishwashe three times in the first year and a half. I am pleased to say that today the last appliance is gone! Our instant hot dispenser works great, the tubing however started to crack. After 30 minutes of run around with the "great customer service" I was advised by the first department for parts that I contacted that I would have to purchase a new instant top hood to get less than three feet of tubing, which should have been about five dollars to replace. Instead it would have cost over one hundred dollars including shipping, half the cost of a new instant hot. We have replaced the Kitchen aid product and will never purchase their products again. Buyers be ware, Kitchen aid needs to go out of business their products suck, and their parts/ customer service departments are not any better.
Se
  20th of Apr, 2010
ALL of our Kitchenaid appliances have had on-going repair in the short 5 years we've been in our home.

1. The hinge on the oven door keeps snapping - leaving the door agape.

2. The door on our second oven 'conveniently' locks due to a sensor poor design.

3. The microwave door spring just gave again.

4. The Kithenaid refrigerator pan leaks.

5. Our $800 Kitchenaid dishwasher which is only a year and a half old just died. Repair came out a long week later and replaced the motor only to find that's not the problem. Another week later we're waiting to have a new control panel installed.

ANY and all suggestions for fighting this with Kitchenaid welcomed! Believe in Karma.

KitchenAid Logo KitchenAid