Kitchenaid Mixer / rebate scam

Michigan, St Joseph, United States Review updated:

We purchased a Kitchenaid mixer on Christmas day from Sears online that came with a $50 Kitchenaid rebate.
I sent all of the required documentation, rebate form, copy of store receipt and original UPC cut out from the side of the box. Today I received a postcard proclaiming that I "DID NOT" send in a copy of the UPC. I'm sorry, but I most certainly did and it was stapled to the rebate form and the copy of the receipt.
Is this some kind of game these people are playing? I send in rebates all of the time, and aside from one other shady outfit that was being investigated by the Better Business Bureau, this is the second time one of these rebate companies has tried to say I didn't include the UPC. They say there's no way to prove we bought the mixer unless we provide them with a copy of the UPC, which unfortunately for us (and lucky for them) we've not been able to locate. It doesn't matter to anyone in this company that we still own the mixer that we registered online, and they have our information in their system with the original serial number I read tothem from the bottom of our mixer.
I can tell you right now, this is the last time that I'll ever purchase anything from Kitchenaid. This is a very dishonest company and they're a complete ripoff. We'll not purchase another one of their products ever again.
Attached is a photo of the mixer they claim we can't prove we purchased.

Kitchenaid Mixer

Jd
Feb 18, 2014

Comments

• Vu
      6th of Mar, 2014

Kitchen Aid rebate is such a scam. Never buying from them again. Bought their kitchen aid in the time allowed, plus sent in all documentation. Still was denied. KITCHEN AID REBATE IS A SCAM. NEVER AGAIN WILL GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS.

• Bi
      31st of Mar, 2014

Microwave vent cover has come off "on its own" in the middle of night and fallen on glass Kitchenaid stove cook top and broken for second time in one year. Kitchenaid once was quality appliance, in my mind. I'm here to say that is no longer the case.

• Se
      7th of Feb, 2017

Do not buy from Kitchenaid, especially if you are figuring in the rebate on your purchase.
    Kitchenaid will not honor it.I sent all required documentation on time to Kitchenaid and
    they refused my rebate, get this, because the postmark that the post office stamps on
    it they could not read, really ?? They just dont want to pay up, shame on Kitchenaid !!