KitchenAid$50 rebate offer # 692-537 for stand mixer not valid

K Feb 09, 2017 Review updated:

I purchased a Kitchen Aid stand mixer during black friday week 2016 from Kohl's with a $50 rebate. That same week I mailed in all the appropriate paperwork/ UPC code to Kitchen Aid. 11wks later I had not received a rebate, so I looked up online the status of my rebate. It showed non-compliance mailed. It shows the date of 11/30/16 received and that they supposedly sent me a letter on 12/13/16, which I never received. I called to inquire about it and was told it did not contain a postmark date. But lets remember they did admit to receiving it which means it had to have had a postmark. The customer representatives words were " it has happened to 40, 000 other people too, blame the Post Office". He was very rude. I think they have poor business practices and are scamming the public into purchasing their products with promise of big rebates. I see where there are numerous complaints online with similar complaints.

• G
      Feb 10, 2017

So I DID get the little post card and it tells me to submit missing/valid items to the address at the top of this card before March 4. How in the world am I supposed to submit a postmark date?

The website shows the paperwork was received on January 11 which was well before the cutoff of 1/23. It was apparently deemed non-compliant on 1/19 then they show they mailed my "non-compliant" notice on 2/2.

This is a crock. There has got to be something we can do about this...40, 000 people? That is a whopping $2 MILLION scam. My postcard is from Kitchenaid themselves, but my purchase was from Kohl's also...

• E
      Feb 10, 2017

Same exact problem!!! Show they received my items on 1/14 but deemed non-compliant on 1/19 due to "The request did not contain a postmark date or it was illegible". I'm sorry...you got it before the cutoff date so what the heck does it matter!!! This is a crock and a rip-off.

• G
      Feb 10, 2017

@eshafer15 I called the number just now. She said she manually processed it and I should get my rebate within 30 days. Apparently you have to call the number. Still a crock.

• W
      Feb 16, 2017

We are sorry to hear your rebate was denied, Kelly Maytubby. For assistance regarding rebate-related questions please contact our Rebate Fulfillment Center by calling the number on the bottom of your rebate form.

• S
      Feb 21, 2017

I too just received my denial and called the number. They said there was nothing they could do for me, that there was no postmark date on my envelope and that they did not receive it till the 30th. I sent my rebate on the 22nd and this seems very fishy to me that something that requires a postmark and is close to the rebate expiration gets turned down. Do you really think I would have bothered sending it if it was after that date? Plus, we have to send 3 types of information proving our purchase. How about sending me a picture of my envelope that supposedly has no postmark date! I buy a lot of Kitchen aid things for gifts and myself, this was a gift and I would not have purchased it without the rebate. I will no longer purchase Kitchen aid and I will spread the word of this scam.