Keraniqueanyone had any dealings with them?

I had severe hair loss and to this day am unsure of the reason why. I had long hair down my back, for 8 months my hair wouldn't stop falling out. Out of total frustration, i went to the barber and had them cut it in a bob length. It went from thick to thin and long to short!

This year 2010, my husband ordered a 3 month supply of a keranique packet for me. I was upset because it cost $160. 00

After the 1st month there was a noticeable difference in my hair concerning length, thickness and strength. The shampoo and conditioner used together worked wonders for my hair! In about 2 weeks, i will be just finishing up the product and i will definitely order so more!

Oh, and i did kiss my husband for making such a wise choice. :)

I can email you before and after pictures if interesting in seeing my personal and truly amazing results. [protected]@yahoo.Com

Comments

• La
      Dec 14, 2010

i am interested in trying the product but i am unsure if it works and what will happen if and when i STOP using the product. can anybody help me?????

• Kd
      Dec 20, 2010

I started using Keranique about a week ago. I have several strikes against me for hair loss. For me, first, it is hereditary. Second, I have been abusing my hair (coloring, perming, etc.) since I was in my 20's (now 46). Last year, I put extensions in my hair which did a real number on it. They broke my hair off like crazy and also I was using the nuvaring birth control which can also cause hair loss. So, I decided to try Keranique. It's not quite been a week yet and I swear it's grown a little. Not to mention, it seems fuller and I have stopped using all my volumizing products because it's fuller and very shiny. I plan, at this point to keep using it.

• Hd
      Jan 05, 2011

I started using Keranique little over 3 weeks ago. After only a couple of uses I was having problems with wieght gain & swelling. Within 2 1/2 wks. I had Dr. app. for something else & was +20lbs. Dr. said if something doesnt change fast we will run some test. After 3rd week & racking my brains & going crazy cause I felt so uncomfortable cause nothing fit, I realized I read something in the pamphlet when I recieved Keranique. It read: Stop use & ask a Dr. if: chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness or dizziness-sudden unexplained weight gain occurs-hands or feet swell-scalp irriration or redness occurs! I had all these to extreme of 20lbs. in 2wks. I have not used since 5 days ago & the swelling is gone, but I'm unsure of the terrible pain I'm having in my liver area. Now I've been trying to reach someone to return product & so far no luck. I can not pay for something that has made me sick, hair or no hair. Can anyone help me? Vickie

• Kd
      Jan 06, 2011

To Vickie:
    Not sure if this will help you but the reaction you are having is from the minoxidil. The warnings on this product scared me so I used the follicle booster instead. The shampoo, conditioner, and follicle booster should not cause these side effects. I just read reviews on the other product they sell which is Hydroxatone. Those reviews were filled with people saying what a difficult time they were having getting their money back or even getting anyone to answer the phone, so that's a little scary. I do know that if you used a debit card, you can cancel the card, have a new one with different number issued and they can't bill you any further. If you used a credit card, you will have to call your credit card company and have them dispute the charges every time they make a charge. Hope this helps some and good luck.

• Jj
      Jan 10, 2011

I used the conditioner for the first time yesterday. I definitely saw a difference in the natural body of my hair. I've always had naturally curly hair and have styled it straight more often in the last few years. I noticed my hair falling out but, it was mostly through a pretty, short period of time. After that happened, along with coloring my hair, using hot curling and flat irons, I noticed my hair was so limp, straight and stringy like while it's wet. After using just the conditioner on my hair, when I got out of the shower I noticed right away the waves, and curl back in my hair. So, I think it's going to be a good product for me. I do however agree with (KDM300) on the minoxidil scare because I read the box and knew right away, I would not be using it. I'll only use the shampoo, conditioner and maybe the follicle booster. I guess I can finally ask my question now, while at the same time letting you know why I haven't used the shampoo yet. I'm wondering if the product affects hair color at all. There is nothing on the shampoo or conditioner bottles saying that it does or does not. Can anyone tell me if you have experienced problems with it fading your hair color or not. It should give more info about that on the bottles or a website you can ask question on. Thanks and good luck to everyone using this or any product, and fighting the battle of hair loss.

• Vr
      Jan 13, 2011

This was my dealings with Keranique, I ordered the products payed for the products never recived the products have tryed many times to reach Keranique and to this day 1/12/11 have not been able to reach a service rep. I have tryed e-mail and phone.

• Se
      Jan 14, 2011

Wen i called for the risk free trial, they didnt tell me that before 30 days i have to call them and tell them how i liked the product. A month later they charged me $76.00 and made my account overdraft, they also told me the next month after i owe them another $76.00. They didnt even contact me to let me know that the money was taken out of my account. Also they didnt even refund me my money wen I told them my situation. I wasnt pleased at all with the service of this company. They have no sympathy for customers and the product is a rip off. They are just money hungry, the product is not even worth how much they charge you. I will never deal with this company again.

• Al
      Jan 17, 2011

This company is a fraud for those people that tried and wasn't happy with the results. I too was a victim of this product and they charged my debit card $79.00 after I called twice left messages on their voicemail before the time alloted to cancel the trial offer. I do believe that their answering service is just that a pre- recorded service and no one is on the other side only to withdraw the funds and ship out the products, no customer service personell to assist the dis-satisfied customers. Other than we cancelling our debit cards before that is done I will contact my bank and get them involved to try and dispute with my documentations (e-mails and date and times in which the phone calls were made even through phone records)

Jan 30, 2011

I used Hydroxatone for skin health, then called to cancel. My skin and pores are pretty good for being 61, but nothing works miracles. Anyhow, when I called, I spoke to a person, and was able to cancel with no hassle.
    Minoxidil is for use by men...warnings all over the place say that it's just for men. Maybe that's the weight gain problem for women.
    Maybe I'll try the Keronique...I haven't decided yet.

• Va
      Feb 04, 2011

I want to try to product but have been burned in the past. Does the product upset the wear of color treated hair? I could not get an answer from the operator. He was only intersted in me ordering.

• Em
      Feb 21, 2011

I haven't gotten Keranique in the mail yet, but I just ordered my free trial and was charged $99.00 for it. I'd better see some serious results because so far, I am furious about the underhanded 'free trial' scam. Hope it works.

• St
      Feb 22, 2011

THere is nothing free about the offer and you do not get to talk to a real person. It is an on going computer driven sales pitch that keeps asking if you want more of some ting else, etc. I hung up in frustration but still received the product. It was leaking and I tried to return it only to have it come back to me in a baggy. Got the second shipment but will be sending it back and will ask to be taken off their program...good bad or indifferent results are not worth the frustrating and poor and customer service pitch.

• De
      Feb 27, 2011

I recently ordered Keranique. The one question that I have is... "Can I continue to perm my hair while using Keranique?"

• Lu
      Mar 07, 2011

Why would you order something if you can't reach a LIVE person when you are calling for the FIRST time? Doesn't the bell go off inside saying...something just isn't right here? My wife wanted to get this shtuff cause she thought it'd work. I understand her, and all of you ladies' desperation to get your hair back. But that's what these corporations play on...YOUR DESPERATION. I feel so bad for all you beautiful women who are battling with thinning hair. But I'll tell you this story. My wife LOVES and drinks 3-5 cups of coffee a day. I bet my wife that if she would stop drinking coffee for 3 months, I would take her on a cruise. I hate cruises, she loves them. Has been dying for yrs for me to take her on one. Well that was the bet. Why did I make this bet??? Well, I just had this feeling that all the daily caffeine was adding to the hair loss. Well she took me up on the bet, and sure enough, after about a month I cld tell her hair was getting thicker. I mean it was noticeable. Now, she was still cheating with the coffee here and there, but I didn't hold it against her. She was battling some serious headaches from the caffeine drop in her body, so I didn't care. I just wanted to see if her hair would get thicker. She herself started to notice a diff in her hair in week 3. Now don't get me wrong, her hair doesn't look like it did when she was 18 LOL (she's 37 now) BUT, her hair has definitely gotten thicker and stronger and healthier. So I'd like to know how many of you ladies are coffee drinkers, and if so, if you'd try what I had my wife do? If you do try, let everyone else know if you've noticed a difference. In any case, we're cruising the Carib this coming fall. That was a bet I was happy to lose. = ) Good luck to all of you ladies out there battling this. Remember this though...Beauty is NOT defined by how you look on the outside, but rather by the person you are on the inside. The inner beauty in all of you is well apparant just in your posts. (((((((((((((Hugs to you all)))))))))))

• Du
      Mar 07, 2011
    Best Best Advice

I had called the 1-800 number to get the "free trial" for my aunt who is dealing with thinning hair. I was unable to reach a LIVE person and was reluctant to give my credit card information and hung up. This SCREAMS OUT LOUD - SCAM!!! How would you ever cancel your order(s) if you couldn't speak with a live person???

• Du
      Mar 08, 2011

Okay, I just visited the webiste for Keranique and actually spoke with a LIVE person...WOW, that was a shocker! I noticed on the radio commercial they stated that Keranique is FDA approved...this is FALSE information - I am unable to find any documentation to support that.

It was very interesting when I spoke with the customer service rep, he told me this story about his "girl friend" who was battling hair loss and after just one month of using the product her hair had returned to "normal" and she has not continued use of the product after that. I asked him if the product was FDA approved and he stated it was NOT. He said that all the ingredients are "natural" so there is no need for an FDA approval. I don't know if I buy any of the CRAP he's dishing out...

Good luck to all you ladies that have or are thinking about dealing with this company...

• Do
      Mar 08, 2011

Has anyone out there had any problems getting a refund? Or, did the Keranique people bill you for the full price, also?
    Instead of the $7.95 as advertised? Here is the address of the owners! Sorry, I wasn't able to get a telephone number.
    Isn't this false advertising? I think the Federal Trade Commission [protected] needs to hear from YOU!
    Keranique
    c/o Atlantic Coast Media Group
    50 Harrison St. (Suite 106)
    Hoboken, NJ [protected]

Mar 22, 2011

Trying the product Now! I have High hopes aside from all the negative feedback. I just received my free trial($7.95) yesterday and washed, conditioned, & used the treatment last nite. I understand that race & age plays a major part as with almost everything. Each individual is different. I'll update you guys in a matter of days. Oh & due to some feedback I went on and had a new card issued to me so that if I choose to continue I can at my own timing. And if so I'll use a prepaid Visa/Mastercard ;0) So they got their $7.95 and nothing else!!! (Hint to all that tries)

Mar 25, 2011

Any product that sucks you in with an 'auto ship' program should be AVOIDED. Their call centers are in the Phillippines and half of them don't even understand English. That's IF they even answer the phone. Do NOT be sucked in to any 'free trials'. If it was truly free, they would tell you free SAMPLE, not trial, and there would be no further shipments without your permission.

• Bi
      Apr 03, 2011

I've dealt with this company and I don't know what the problem is. I'll admit when ordering the "free" trail I got bent. It went from Kerinique to this product, that product and the other. But I recieved a phone call a few days later from a rep confirming my order. When my product arrived, I called them, I got a human, WOOHOO! Anyway, we spoke for a while, he was very helpful in answering my questions and after a while I was able to change my order status from auto to whenever I called in to order. The first time I used the product I notice a change, my hair felt softer, not limp. Shinier too. They smell great too! And as for the FDA well that part is true, but only for the monoxidil... which is the ONLY product approved by the FDA for hair growth. I truely feel bad for all you ladies that had such problems, but thus far my experience with this company has been pretty much good. All in all, I'll agree with BettyalwaysReddy, a pre-paid Visa/Mastercard would be the safest and best way to go for all those who want to try but are afraid to.

Apr 07, 2011

Okay, so I told u guys that I'd get back to you & what I've found is that I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! Although, if read propoerly instructions say you won't see results until 4 months of use (as I stated before each individual is different), I'm seeing growth ALREADY & I'VE ONLY BEEN USING FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS!!! So, THANK YOU KERANIQUE!!! To all those struggling with embarrassing hair loss try this and try it until you've used it all up before you make a decission as to whether it works for you. I gaurantee it will. If it's working for me surely it can work for you!!! I'll upload befor & after pictures soon.

Apr 07, 2011

TO ALL THOSE AFRAID TO USE MINOXILDIL (spellcheck), PLEASE SEND TO ME!!! INBOX ME @ [protected]@YAHOO.COM FOR MY HOME ADDRESS. THANX!!!

• Ju
      Apr 12, 2011

Hi! I have been trying this product for about a month and my beautician and i saw a difference the first time we used the shampoo and conditioner. However, I did not want to be charged automatically 80-90 so I called the number that I received in my email and told him I wanted to send the products back and if I decided i wanted it I would order on my own. He gave to a return authorization and told me to send back by a certain date which I did and I was not billed. However, I canceled that card anyway and had another one reissued. Now the problem. I started using the hair regrowth treatment and also notice a difference in my hair, however about the 8th day of using it I starting having SEVERE Chest pain and thought I was having a heart attack. Well after 3 trips to my doctor, a cardiologist and another doctor we finally figured out what the problem was. The Minoxidil in the regrowth treatment. I immediately stopped using the product Saturday (today is Tuesday) and the pain has almost completely gone away and i no longer have the sharp pains shooting throughout my chest area that i was experiencing. I will continue to use the other products and may only use the regrowth treatment once a month. My doctor said that if used in smaller amounts it will not harm you. (I was using it twice a day as it stated). But he said if I use it once or twice a month I should be fine. I will wait at least a month and until the pain completely goes away and try it once a month. I do like the way my hair looks for the other products. Once caution though-in all my research (after the fact) it seems that once you start using it, you will have to use it for the rest of your life so that's something you may want to think about-for me I probably will because I have to shampoo my hair every week anyway so i may as well us the same product. Thanks for listening and sorry so long--Just A

• Ke
      Apr 24, 2011

You all need to try Nioxin. It's expensive too but it really works! You have to use the shampoo, conditioner and scalp therapy and cant skip one of those steps, but it's much cheaper than this junk and you can get it at Ulta.

May 05, 2011

I called to return the product BEFORE I opened any of the products because the shampoo, conditioner and another product contained ingredients I was allergic to. The lady was rude and said I should have looked into it more before I ordered. I have trouble reading due to nerve damage in my face which casued the hair loss in the first place, I explained this to them and told them that my spouse had to read the ingredients to me. I asked for a refund of the intial shipping charges and after a run around was told they would since the products had not been opened. I shipped the products back, after a few days no refund, I called customer service AGAIN, no note had been made regarding the refund, again I had to fight to get the refund of the initial shipping charges, I pointed out that it cost me nearly $12 to ship the products back. We will see if they follow through. I am very unhappy with their customer sevice representatives and their attitudes. They are snotty, hateful, disrespectful and very unhelpful. refunding the initial shipping is little to ask when returning UNUSED, UNOPENED product and treating customers with disrepect due to a disability is highly disrespectful! I don't recommend this company to ANYONE based on their customer service, they are out to get their money and do not give a flip about the customer.

• Bl
      May 25, 2011

i also got ripped off, i order the free trial for 7.95 and at that time i told them that i didn't want to order any more and they said ok. less than 20 days later i saw where they had debited my account 79.95. i called my bank and they credited my account back. Now it has been close to 30 days since the bank credited my account. they said that i needed to provide them with the cancellation number. I have tried on several occasion to call customer service but has never got to speak to a live person. So now the bank is telling me that they were going to pay Keranique the 79.95 since i could not give them the inormation they needed to dispute the charge.T o make matter even worse I have not received the second shiment and it did nothing for my hair. I'm still fighting with my on charging my account back the 79.95> I will never go for the free trial scam again.
    aeh...charlotte, nc

May 25, 2011

I received the product and both bottles appeared to be conditioner even though one was labeled shampoo and one conditioner. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Te
      Jun 04, 2011

I suffer from hair loss as well and have not used this product but I was reading your reviews and wanted to shed some light on the minoxidil treatment. I have gone to a dermatologist because of my hair loss and he instructed me to use rogaine (which contains minoxidil) BUT only one application, 4 days a week. Minoxidil has many side effects for women when used in full dosage. I'm sure this product is great but they should really change their directions to keep from making women sick. 2 applications daily is just far too much

• Ha
      Jun 08, 2011

I used Keranique and was very skeptical if it would work. I had two surgeries within one year, of which any anesthetic always causes me very severe hair loss, which is why I turned to Keranique. I only wash my hair once a week so within the 30 day time period I canceled (with no problems), not wanting extra product and also not knowing if it would help. I can honestly say that I fully endorse this product. I used the booster, shampoo and conditioner and highly recommend it. I plan to call and order product now that I know I like it. Nothing works complete miracles but there is a hugely noticeable difference in my hair.

• Po
      Jun 10, 2011

Minoxidil isn't just for men. A good female friend of mine is using it after losing hair due to a medication, and it's a lot cheaper than Keranique! I think a trip to a good dermatologist for advice and a bottle of minoxidil (or whatever he/she prescribes) is a better use of our money than the Keranique is, plus most insurance pays for the doctor visit!

• Ve
      Jun 27, 2011

I ordered this product with a free trial period and was unable to use it. After returning the product unopened after receiving a RMA number from the company and sending it back via Priority mail. This company still charged my credit card for $85.54 10 days after receiving the product . I consider this theft and will be consulting my lawyer.

• Dl
      Jul 19, 2011

My advice to ANYBODY!! BEFORE you go giving your money, credit card or bank account information to people you have not done business with and are not familiar with-PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE check with the BBB-(Better Business Bureau) and see if these companies are members and if they have any complaints-especially unresolved complaints. And of course check the reviews. We are not that desperate that we have money to just give away!! I'm NOT!!

• Dl
      Jul 19, 2011

288 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 140 closed in last 12 monthsComplaint Type Total Closed Complaints
    Advertising / Sales Issues 73
    Total Closed Complaints 288
    FROM THE BBB IN HOBOKEN, NJ PULLED 07-19-2011

• Lf
      Aug 02, 2011

The active ingredient in this stuff is the EXACT same ingredient that's in Rogaine. My dermatologist told me to use the men's strength Rogaine foam once a day. Forget all this foolishness - just go to the drugstore and buy Rogaine.

• Ba
      Aug 04, 2011

First of all, I want to say that I am true NON Believer. Normally! I read Kerinique's spill. I read the reviews and the horror stories. Then, I reluctantly decided to order the trial anyway. The plan was to use it for a couple of weeks and send it back before I had to pay the full price. Of course, I forgot to make the call and return the product. I called. I got through the very first time. I was a day late and, I believe, $80.00 short, plus the other $80.oo that he said I owed. Afterwards, I figured I better use the product since I have to pay $160 for it. Eventually, I tried it. I was severely balding in the crown. My barber would be ever so gental when cutting in that area. (I'm a female who wears my hair very short due to hot flashes). Now, I have my hair back. My short cut looks very nice and FULL. I have no reason to be ashamed anymore. I sure hope Kerinique is reading - this is great advertisement. I am unemployed now and can't afford to purchase anymore product (hint hint).

• Go
      Aug 13, 2011

I bought this product and have been using it about two weeks now. I only purchased the conditioner and shampoo and the root booster. I am happy so far..maybe my imagination but I do believe my hair is looking a little fuller already. But I did not buy the product directly, I purchased it from Dermastore.com and therefore no scam...just an outright purchase from an impartial company.

• Dc
      Aug 21, 2011

Many of these coments sound like they are made by people working for the company. . . please... I want real reviews not made up ones bent on selling the product.

• Nu
      Sep 08, 2011

I first heard the infomercial last night for Keranique. I am one of those who got sucked into the Hydroxytone scam with auto ship. We actually were able to speak to a real person when I called to cancel. After a gazillion questions I fInally stated, "I don't want it and I won't pay for it. I don't like it so don't send it anymore!!! Would you believe the current ads state that Hydroxatone is now sold in stores. The original infomercials stated that they had sold 1 million jars--can you imagine how much money the company is bilking the women who have become caught up in this scam? This is truly a buyer beware product!!! The infomercial is carefully worded--A risk free trial-- of one expensive bottle- that they don't want you return after it has been opened. Also they want you to contact them before you return it, to try to intimidate you into keeping it along with a monthly ship. They are barracudas who are ripping off the public. I hope I have learned my lesson. At least I checked it out on the computer before biting. CW in Virginia

• Ki
      Sep 10, 2011

I had just ordered Keranique. About an hour later a representative called me from the number that they gave me in the recording. I specifically asked him to expalin to me again if I am only being charged the $7.95 s/h trial for 30 days. He said that is the only charge that I will be charged until after the 30 days are up, then if I don't call to cancel before that time and send in the empty bottles then I would be charged $79.95 next month and each month after that. I will wait and see if this is all true and get back to about my experiencel. Some of you had some bad experiences and maybe it depends on who you have and how well they do their job. I guess I will find out. I will check back with you all later when I receive the product. Good Luck!

• Al
      Sep 15, 2011

I haven' t bought their products, yet because it IS off of TV, is reported to be so expensive AND because their hair treatment is made with 2% Minoxidil, it seems I could go to the drug store & get the same exact thing for FAR less. Many of these so-called, "free" offers with little to no way to return them on TV when you realize the "freebie" is nothing more than a loss-leader into buying ridiculously over-priced products that have your credit card number & often have so-called, "easy return policies", yet then will continue to keep billing you & sending you their wildly over-priced & often substandard products (Again, I haven't even called their phone number, yet did go to their web site & it looks MUCH like another I saw for teeth whitening that I ordered online, that later kept billing me, there was a return number, yet it had been disconnected, etc.)

If you want to use a product with 2% Minoxidil, you can get them at your local drug store w/ some shampoo with antioxidants, also available in any drug store (& the fancier, really great ones are still less & can be bought & BTW returned through legitimate places, which I really like, is expensive, but have great reviews & is not $200, not even for the entire kit of their best, and there are plenty of great reviews!)

This just seems like another "buyer beware" to me! I've had to go through a LOT of things through my bank for a place that hauntingly looks all to familiar to this. There is NO price given to you when you go to their web site & none on the TV ad! That should be a red flag right there!

Also, no MSDSs for this product, which are required for all products, esp. those making claims that they are FDA APPROVED!

There is also no size listed at all!

Also, with no reviews, an unknown company, would you give some new, unknown company a credit card when you are already seeing that a month or two supply is going to be over $200 for something that is described much like brands I see in convenience stores & the local drug stores & add a treatment w/ 2% minoxidil, also available at local drug & department stores.

A 3-MONTH supply of a 2% minoxidil product at a drug store, or through a reputable online dealer is roughly $15-35. Add a great shampoo & conditioner with antioxidants and a good anti-frizz serum for another $20-50 & you should be in better shape AND have the same, if not better results!

You should also know what minoxidil is for & be sure you need it! Checking with your health care provider to rule out causes other than age-related hair loss (also called androgenetic allopecia). For example, if you have a thyroid disorder creating your hair loss, you could waste a LOT of time & money.

There are many causes of hair loss & not all of them respond to Minoxidil!
    Sufficient iron & amino acids, such as Lysine can make a huge change, are inexpensive & with time, work wonders! These two nutrients, according to some studies, are responsible for up to 90% of women's hair loss!

It is best to check with your health care professional, or at the very least educate yourself, on the reasons for your particular hair loss before randomly buying products! The $200+ for this product will be more than paid for by checking first to find the reason for your hair loss! Often, balancing hormones, eating right & perhaps adding some supplements to your diet (certain amino acids, vitamin B6, herbs like saw palmetto and green tea, minerals such as zinc, etc. in the right balanced doses can all help, yet only if you need them.) Balance is the key!

There are no quick fixes & the $200+ I saw on a prior & positive review may seem wonderful, yet if you aren't loosing hair because of something to do with minoxidil, then you just wasted some time & money...

Best to know WHY you have hair loss before just going out and spending a bunch of time & money to find out that this product may not what you need. Again, best to check with your health care professional before getting into any of this stuff.