Keranique & Bellaplex / deceptive practices

United States, New Jersey, Hoboken
Urban Nutritional, LLC
Post Office Box 1366
My wife ordered sample products of Keranique and Bellaplex online, for which shipping & handling was paid with my credit card. At the time, we didn't know they were owned by the same company, Urban Nutrition, LLC, according to the Better Business Bureau in New Jersey. Nothing else was ever ordered or received on either of these products. We did receive the samples, which we still have. To give you an example, the Bellaplex was 1 ounce. About a month after receiving the samples, I got a call from my credit card company that Keranique was submitting a charge, but they had received so many complaints about them that they wanted to be sure it was authorized before paying. It was not, and at their suggestion, I immediately went to my bank and got a new card. Although nothing else had been ordered or received from this company, in June I received a bill from them for $171.89. I wrote them immediately on June 13, but they never responded, so I notified the Better Business Bureau in New Jersey. Today I received a bill from Bellaplex--but it is the same address and the exact same tactics. I had no idea until today they were the same company! Just like the Keranique, this is the first bill I have received from them! They are claiming it is a bad debt in the amount of $150.39. I have since found out that Bellaplex used to be called Nexiderm, and the company had so many complaints filed against it that a grievance was file by the Electronic Self-Regulation Program. When they didn't respond, the matter was submitted to the FTC, and the company changed the name to Bellaplex! I have filed another complaint with the New Jersey BBB, and with the Attorney General's Office of New Jersey. You can do so online, and I would encourage everyone who has been mistreated by this company to do so. I've also been told they are affiliated with Atlantic Coast Media Group, but people have a very difficult time finding information for this company. Besides Keranique and Bellaplex, this same company sells Hyrdoxatone, Luminique and other products, so be careful.
Jul 21, 2015