Kenmore Side By Side Refrigerator / Defective refrigerators
I purchased a Kenmore side by side refrigerator from Sears on NOV 2002. On 01/20/08, 1:30 AM my daughter was in the Kitchen & began smelling electrical burning smells. After waking me up I looked trough kitchen finding the smoke coming from behind the refrigerator. To fully view this area I pulled the refrigerator out from the wall. At this time the room filled with smoke. I unplugged the refrigerator & removed the service panel and noticed the the relay & wires on the side of the compressor was in totally melted. Finally got the house aired out.
We did not get a hold of SEARS because I did not want the aggravation of being told they cannot do anything.
I would just like to see a recall or something done with these defective refrigerators before it causes a DEATH.
More Kenmore Side By Side Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - Beware! Don't burn your house! 
- Kenmore / Power Miser - Sears's faulty product 
- Kenmore Refrigerator - Kenmore Refrigerator causes house fire 
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - No cold air in freezer 
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - Do not buy Kenmore products! 
- Kenmore - kenmore elite washer
- Kenmore - double oven
- Kenmore - wait time/ broken speaker
- Kenmore - top loading washing machine
- Kenmore - 500 series does not clean clothes