Kenmore Fridge / sears kenmore fridge had delivery problems

United States Review updated:

I recently purchased, for Company use, a Sears Kenmore fridge from the Sears Richmond Hill Furniture and Appliance Store. Delivery was scheduled for the following Tuesday between 7am-noon. At the time of purchase I specified and paid $25.00 extra to have the handles placed for a right side door opening. Unfortunately neither happened. The delivery crew left a mumbled message which I could not decipher on my voice mail, and shortly thereafter a Sears representative called to reschedule as, I was advised, noone was there to accept the delivery, this is a business address and I along with 30 others are in the office all day.

It was rescheduled for Thursday between noon and 6pm, and did arrive at 4pm, although I now have to call customer service and have someone come in and reverse the handles. This whole procedure was a royal pain. Sears pay more attention to your employees, and I would suggest your outsourced delivery company B & N Delivery Service do the same.

Approx. 3 weeks ago the door locked on the Kenmore range that was purchased in March of 2011 and under warranty. I contacted my local store where I bought the range and they tryed to get a repairman out quickly but they were told it would be Dec.5 before a service tech could come out. It was the week of Thanksgiving and my family was looking forward to our traditional dinner. This didn’t happen and we had to change our plans. Dec. 5 has come and gone and we are now scheduled for Dec 12. I have purchased many appliances from Sears in the past but do not intend to do so in the future.

This type service is unacceptable and especially on a product that is still under warranty. My dissatisfaction is not with my local store. They did what they could.

Ov

Comments

• Ca
      24th of Nov, 2008
    Kenmore Fridge - Repair service
    Sears
    3701 E National Road
    Richmond
    Indiana

I bought a fridge 4 years ago, recently the fridge was not staying cool. A Sears repair man was to come out (he didn't even get out of his truck because the contractor was here to let him in not the homeowner). Had to reschedule. The second appointment he was over three hours late. In the process of attempting to fix the fridge he broke two parts in the freezer and my electrical outlet cover (only one part he offered to repair at no charge). He then told me it was fixed and it cost me $112.50. Two days later the fridge was still not cold and food spoiled again. Sears sent another repair man out. This gentleman also claimed he fixed it. Now almost a week later the fridge is still not cold at all. Called Sears to voice my complaint and request my money back for the repairs. I got hung up on the first time and after a long wait the second time only to be told they couldn't refund my money and would not transfer me to a supervisor.

• Se
      19th of Apr, 2012

Dear Ovley,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delivery communication failure and the disappointment of the refrigerator arriving without the handles on the right side, as you requested. Although we do make every effort to maintain our delivery route schedules, problems and long delivery calls can arise. Nevertheless it is clear that we have let you down. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like the opportunity to speak with you more about your refrigerator repair, and ensure that all your concerns about your range have been addressed as well.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Ovley you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Me
      12th of Jun, 2012
    Kenmore Fridge - broken for the seventh time
    Sears

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator from Sears in 2011, it has not been plugged in for 1 year and i am on my seventh breakdown!!! The service people either do not show up or the parts do not arrive!!! My door even broke off, the inside liner fell down, the fan was replaced three times, last time they said it was a control for the cooling and heating unit, guess not because its broke again. The best part is that the parts were to arrive today, they never showed up, imagine that? Oh. I called and they said the parts just shipped but they have no tracking number, hummm, how can that be ?They said they will have to get back to me tomorrow. I would guess my fridge has been down for a total of at least 4-5 months in total due to the fact that they never send service or call back for days or parts dont arrive. They also said they would replace the unit but then called back and said they need to try to fix it one more time.That is what they said last time, they even gave me the info for the replacement fridge. Drove all the way to Sears to pick out a new one for nothing, not to mention all the food .i threw away (hundreds of dollars worth every time it broke). I will NEVER buy another thing from Sears!!!