Kenmore / fridge repair

Irvine, CA, US Review updated:

We bought our fridge 2.5 years ago and it so far 4 times it stopped working. Last week it happened again I called the customer service. They scheduled an appointment 1 week from the day I called, I requested earlier appt because of the health issues (medicine has to stay in the fridge) supervisor hanged up the phone on me. I waited one week, no one showed up and I called again, lady said my appt was never scheduled. Now there is no appt available until December 4th which is 2 weeks from today. We lost 4 months of medication so far, plus next week is thanksgiving and we are hosting dinner in our house, also I have a child. Imagine a life with these conditions and no fridge!!! Kenmore sucks!!!

As
Nov 16, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 16, 2017

Hi Asya.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're dealing with.

I wish I could provide more exact details. It was likely that customer service did not schedule you for an appointment at all, after you stated that the appointment a week out was unacceptable.

Instead off focusing on the miscommunication, maybe we can find a solution.

First let's consider what is likely to happen on December 4th. Normally a completed service will take two service visits. The first to diagnose the issue. Unless only generic parts are required, any proprietary parts are ordered and then a second service visit is scheduled. Just keep in mind that the fridge may not likely be repaired on December 4th.

Whereas this fridge is nearly three years old, is it covered by any form of warranty? If not, you may just want to replace it now. Even if it is under warranty, you may want to consider the purchase a secondary "garage" fridge for your essentials.

As a side note, make sure your making enough room for the fridge's compressor to breath. Suffocating a compressor is the number one reason for a fridge's premature death.

Please let us know if everything doesn't go smoothly.