Kay Jewelers / not honoring waranty
My husband purchased a ring from Kay Jewelers, Tracy CA 95376 in June 2007. On December 22, 2008, I noticed the large center diamond was missing. The store manager stated that replacement of the diamond as described in the warranty would not be covered because I had not “documented” ring cleaning & inspections every six months. The ring was cleaned at the same Kay Jewelers location several times and I always informed the employee that it was purchased there. Not once did any employee suggest the cleaning needed inspection documentation.
The store manager gave us the name & number of the district manager. We left multiple messages but never received a response. We sent e-mails to your online customer service... still no response. I called the store manager again and was told the district manager was only going to tell me that the ring is not covered. She suggested I call customer relations.
I can’t believe Kay Jewelers will not stand behind their product and warranty. Especially in these tough economic times I would expect Kay Jewelers to value their customer and honor their product!
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - fraudulent company 
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring 
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds 
- Kay Jewelers - mislead! 
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst 
- Kay Jewelers - item purchased and has been for repair 5-times already, item is covered under an extended warranty
- Kay Jewelers - in store customer service
- Kay Jewelers - poor quality engagement ring
- Kay Jewelers - repairs
- Kay Jewelers - refusal to pay for engagement ring that never arrived