Kay Jewelers / getting signed up for a credit card without knowing
On December 2, 2018 I went to Kay Jewelers in Bangor, Maine to have a ring fixed. After paying for the ring to be fixed I was asked by the sales associate if I'd like to be signed up for their rewards card. Thinking it was just a simple rewards card I said yes and went on my way.
About a week later I get a phone call from the bank I am trying to buy a house through. They ask me why my credit was looked into by Kay and that a credit card had been openned. I was dumbfounded and was informed by the bank that this would negetively effect the purchase of my house. When I realized what had happened I was outraged. I immediately called the store up and told them what had happened. Luckily I talked with someone different than I had dealt with when I was at the store.
Lucky for Kay Jewelers I got everything straightened out so my house purchase went through. I will NEVER do any sort of buisness with them.
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - fraudulent company 
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring 
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds 
- Kay Jewelers - mislead! 
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst 
- Kay Jewelers - terrible customer service store/management
- Kay Jewelers - product not received after mistake on kay jewelers behalf
- Kay Jewelers - sku 173513805 10yg diamond necklace
- Kay Jewelers - jewelry warranty
- Kay Jewelers - they lost my band