Kawasaki, Honda, & Yamaha / False Advertising about Extended Warranty
On the websites of Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha they state that if you purchase their extended warranty for your product that you can "... take it for warranty service at any authorized dealership...". This is false and misleading advertising and all three of these companies know that they are deceiving consumers. After purchasing a new Kawasaki Jet Ski and a 48-month extended warranty with it, I found out when I needed warranty service that the local dealership would not honor the factory warranty because in their words, "I did not purchase the Jet Ski from them". After contacting the customer service section of the Kawasaki factory they admitted that because of the proprietary ownership of the dealerships that the factory has no legal grounds from which to insist their dealerships honor the factory limited nor extended warranties. Of course they say nothing about his in their warranty contract nor on their website. Wanting to discover how widespread this problem is I called the other major recreational vehicle manufactures and found that Honda and Yamaha are also conducting false advertising of their extended warranties. It is not universal but all three of these companies have renegade dealerships who refuse to work on anything not sold from their dealership. Of course this doesn't not solve the problem for consumers completely because we all move frequently but no matter how you purchase your Kawasaki, Honda or Yamaha (Internet, out-of-town, eBay or similar auction site, craigslist, etc.) make sure you ask your local dealership if they will honor the factory limted and extended warranties. In many cases the extended warranties stay with the product and are not limited to the original purchaser. So if you purchase a product that includes an extended warranty make sure you properly transfer it into your name during the transaction of the sale, verify with your local dealership that it actually is covered under an extended warranty and for what period, and most importantly check whether your local dealership is willing to honor the factory extended warranty. Lastly, please help me in my campaign to get Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha to change their false advertising on their websites. Write them letters and write to the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC will only take action when they receive numerous complaints so I need your help to get this solved. Thanks.
More Kawasaki, Honda, & Yamaha Complaints & Reviews
- Yamaha Motor Corporation - Poor customer service 
- Yamaha FZ16 bike - Worst Customer Satisfaction Experience in Yamaha,Wakdewadi,Pune service Center 
- Yamaha FZ 16 - Heavy smoke, missing problem 
- Minocqua Yamaha & Marine, Inc. - Worst customer and repair service
- yamaha motors - Replacement of Engine Components 
- Yamaha Motor Corporation - 2006 vstar 1100
- Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd - 600 mile service
- Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA - outboard dealer
- Yamaha Motor (UK) Ltd - new tracer gt model.
- My New Bike Yamaha Fascino - complaining about my fascino yamaha company scooter which I got full faulty and company is not ready to replace it