Kate Spade / poor quality

I purchased a $200 organizer from katespade.com in January. It arrived with a scratch on the back and I called the company who issued a return. However, I really needed a daytimer and decided to keep the item. In the two months that I've had it, the organizer is scratched terribly, from normal daily use, and I don't believe that it's a good quality product for the price. When I called the company today, they told me that there is nothing that they can do since it's past 90 days. Absolutely nothing. So they really don't care that they are selling a poor quality product for $200 and are quite happy to send a customer out there who will NEVER purchase from Kate Spade again! They have no interest in making me happy with my purchase and didn't seem to care that they've lost a customer. So sorry Kate Spade!

St

Comments

• Me
      16th of Apr, 2013

Nice duplicate complaint. Even nicer duplicate account. :)

• We
      9th of Nov, 2016

My new Kate Spade sat two months in storage in a plastic purse hanger behind my closet door. The red colour on the edge of the handle on both sides bled into the face of the purse. I contacted customer service and they told me that it was caused by "normal wear and tear" and was not covered by their warranty. I had never worn the purse and nothing had ever touched it but itself and it was only two months into their one year warranty. . When I looked for the label inside the pocket that they ask you to send I realized that on the back of the Kate Spade made in New York label it actually says made in China. The cheap China dye had leaked on my brand new purse and Kate spade is denying any responsibility for their quite obvious factory defect. I bought 4 Kate purses and this is the last. It was obvious how the dye Mark fits perfectly with the purse handle.

• We
      17th of Dec, 2016

Maybe their attitude towards customer service us changing. Although admitting no responsibility fir the dye leak from the handle on to my purse they, and after listing on social media and telling rhem I was using their purse as a model to tell everyone I met not to buy their product and pointing out to them how many customers they lose from one unhappy person. I received a replacement purse. Fair is fair. I will comment on bad customer service and I will comment on good. Thank you Kate spade for eventually honouring your warranty.