Kaplan University / misinformation, confusion, playing dumb, scam,

IL, United States Review updated:
3.55
I was eager to attend school, and it has been 5 years since Ive been in that environment...So of course I had this social anxiety and didn't really wanna attend actual Classes. I wanted a degree in nutrition and wanted to do it online. I found Kaplan and filled out a form so they could call me.

George Adams, the admission advisor, was overwhelmingly nice and "supportive" but pressured me into starting straight away. I wanted to go, but only under two conditions: One, I could have a loan all to myself, and two: I would not have to pay anything until I graduated. I was very serrious about this. George assured me that I could absolutely do this. He told me that my dad would have to fill out a parent plus loan application because I was still considered a dependent. and After we did the fafsa fill out, It showed my dad made too much for me to get any grants or anything. George told me the Parent plus loan was only part of the process and that he would be denied, in which I would then be able to take out a Stafford Loan for myself to cover for the first academic Year. Dad filled it out and got accepted, which wasnt suppose to happen, so we cancelled the application and called Geroge. He said this was fine and not to worry at all. I started my classes, which by the way were wayyy too easy. It was one week away from the withdrawl date and I recieved an email that the parent plus loan was missing? and I made it clear that if this situation was not cleared up I would be withdrawing because I was not getting stuck with the payments. George wanted my dad to call bank of america. He told me dad would just have to sign "something" and that again, he would not have to take out any loans. Dad was sent back and forth between fin aid and bank of america and they didnt even have him do anything. George calls us up finally and tells us I dont have to withdrawl and everything is perfectly set and ready to go. I dont withdraw. I get a call a couple more weeks later from Student Accounts, asking me for 622.00 a month for my balance, because they gave me a loan for have my tuition and then charged me the rest. I was totally ###ted and all the staff act like they have no idea what is going on. Stdent accounts calls me EVERY DAY 2-3 TIMES A DAY DEMANDING MY MONEY. Fin Aid and Academic advisors act like they never know what I am talking about I have saved all my emails and cancelled my loan to bank of america. I asked for a compliant form over a month ago because they are trying to get me to take out additional loans when they know I have no co-signer, and they tell me that if i dont I have to pay them. They are ###s. They lie and act dumb and pretend you never siad anything. They will never recieve a dime from me and if they dont fix this ###, I will certainly take legal action against them. DO NOT GO HERE.

Comments

Ta
  20th of Apr, 2009
Kaplan University online school have an really irresponsible staff when it comes to help students. I drop off school 2 month ago, they didn't told me about they were missing some files in their system. so, they weren't taking money out of my loan when i call my lender call me saying that my loan still open and there's no activity on the account. i call school and after i talk to them they said what kind of paper i was missing. Same day i fax the paper A COLLECTION COMPANY call me saying that Kaplan University hired them to get the money i own. i been calling since then and i haven't get hold of my fanacial officer i call a lawyer to see what happen?!!!

Kaplan University Logo Kaplan University