Just Brakes / Terrible service/wrong repairs

1 Sandy PlainsMarietta, GA, United States Review updated:

DO NOT GO THERE! They lure everyone in with the $99 pads-for-life service, and then turn around and completely take advantage of you. I took in my 2006 Cobalt in Sept 08 for a break job since my pads were squeaking. I was told the calipers and rotors had to be replaced. I ended up spending $496. By January, I had to go because the problems were back. I was told it was a hose that needed replacing. They again claimed the calipers had to be replaced again and the rotors needed to be sanded. "Luckily" the visit was covered under warranty...minus the hose. Total cost for that visit $106. Forward a couple of monts, the issues are back again. This time, I've taken the car to the dealership. I was just told I need to replace the calipers (again!), the rotors, and the master cylinder. Total estimate at this point: $1, 057. The service center manager cautioned me about places like Just Brakes. Their bait-n-swich is apparently well-known as I see from this site. I've learned my lesson. Never trusting anyone but the dealer. Is anyone aware of any class-action suits? 'Cause you best believe I'm suing their butts for this! my email is mtorres402@yahoo.com.

Comments

2nd of May, 2010

i took my cAR IN FOR A OIL CHANGE AND DIDN'T DRIVE IT FOR A DAY. but when i did drive it 40 miles from home the car started smoking and something pop and oil and water went every where i think they did something on purpose to my car to get me to get work done

• Ri
      5th of Jul, 2011
    Just For Brakes Marietta, GA - Rip Off/Excessive Charges/Poor Customer Svc
    Just For Brakes Marietta, GA

I took my car to Just For Brakes in Marietta, Ga back in March 2011 due to squeaking and vibration when I braked. I was inquiring about the $99 special. My car was inspected and I was told that I needed calibers. I was told the complete job would be about $400 dollars. I did not have the full amount so they decided to take half the money and I was told they then put new pads and shoes on my car. Two months prior to me taking the car to them I had brand new rotors put on. I came back two weeks later and was told they put new calibers on my car and I was all set. A week later the car started to make more noise. I took the car back and was told by the Manager that they re-did everything (pads, shoes, rotors, & calibers) and I should not have anymore problems with the car. A month later, it started again. I had my brother in law take them the car due to my work schedule and the techs stated "we don't hear anything"! I contacted the corporate office and was told to take the car to another location & they would look at it. Again, I had my brother in law to take it due to my work schedule. They also swore "we don't hear anything. I asked my brother in law to drive the car so these idiots can hear what we were hearing. He did and the tech stated "Oh that noise is normal"! I was finally fed up and took the car back to the original location and demanded that they repair my car properly. I dropped the car off about 9:00 am and picked it up at 6:00 pm. The techs never took the car apart to try and determine the problem. They backed my car up and when I returned at 6:00 pm the Manager said "we drove it 3 times and did not hear anything"! I told them that they are a bunch of liars and have Zero work ethic or integrity. I stated that I would go through their corporate office and the Manager laughed and stated "go ahead again"! These guys are the biggest rip off and the more people I talk to I'm hearing similar stories. They should not be in business! I am sending letters to their corporate office, our local consumer investigator, & other Organizations that can go in and bust these guys! They should not be allowed to get away with this!!!

• Ju
      29th of Aug, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at 1-800-445-7105 to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.