Just Brakes / Bad business

Bad Bad Bad experience. My husband took my 2007 infiniti i-35 ...He was made to wait 5 hours... 2 1/2 just for the diagnosis. Quoted on the phone 120.oo then once they had our car opened up it became a 380.00 estimate. When my husband told them he would just take it to the dealership for 250.oo they made him wait another 2 1/2 hours switching him btw three different mechanics ...all of whom tried to convince him it was *too* dangerous to drive away...telling him he would have to sign a waiver and they could not guarantee the condition of the car once they put it back together. They refused to give him his old parts once they had completed the work...it gets worse. When I called corporate I find out they do not use waivers and it was all scare tactics to get my husband to pay for the service. Bad business kids...very bad.

Va

Comments

• Br
      31st of Jul, 2008

Just Brakes is a bunch of bottomfeeding, leeching ###! I had a similar experience with the Just Brakes in Sarasota, FL. They tried charging me over $700 for a pads, rotors, calipers, discs, etc. (basically every part that can be replaced.) When I told them I was taking my car to my mechanic for a second opinon they quickly developed attitudes, argued with me, and attempted to intimidate me into letting them go ahead with the work they falsely claimed my car needed. My boyfriend ended up getting in a verbal confrontation with both the manager/receptionist(?) and the shop foreman (who by the way, was obese, and sat at a desk with his feet up eating the entire time taunting my boyfriend.) Eventually, after having to call the cops, I was finally returned my vehicle. When I took it to my mechanic he ended up charging me $220 for new pads and rotors. The rest of problems Just Brakes claimed I had did not exist. This was apparently of no surprise to my mechanic who has seen most of Just Brakes customers with estimates and bills ranging from $700-$1500. Even corporate sucks. When you call to complain they just argue with you further, suggest you're threatening them, and defend the unprofessionalism of the employees. I have vowed to tell every single person I meet about my experience. Infact since this experience, 2 days ago, I have spent all my time contacting media outlets and filling out countless complaint forms on every consumer protection site and any site associated with them. Just Brakes will be sorry they ever tried to rip me off and/or treated me with such disrespect. And yes, Bob Marshall, with "customer care" THAT IS A THREAT. I probably won't be satisfied until I see this company go down.

3rd of Oct, 2009

well if you look at the box of brake pads at the auto store (friction masters) it tells you the exact same conditions the tech told you and in OEM specs state that all hardware be changed everytime you change your brakes. also your own owners manuels tell you to change your brake fluid every 20, 000 miles or every year for the average person. there good and bad techs everywhere you cant just assume that all are out to get you!

3rd of Oct, 2009

read this !!!

• Ju
      29th of Aug, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes
    was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We
    are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at 1-800-445-7105 to be connected with the local Market Director. We look
    forward to serving you.

7th of Dec, 2015

this outfit does not have experienced brake techs/mechanics. here in denver not one place has a qualified brake mechanic- they call in guys off the streets on a revolving order. they never' get it right..."Don't go to Just brakes for anything."