Jiffy Lube - Rapids, Iowa / Substandard and harmful work!
Jiffy Lube - Rapids, Iowa
On 8-30-07 my wife went to Jiffy lube on Blairs Ferry road in Cedar Rapids Iowa for a simple oil change. She ended up with 82.98 in charges. The extra/unnecessary work they performed was substandard and harmful to the vehicle.
One of the various add-ons was a 3 step fuel system cleaner. When my wife got home and I saw the bill I was floored by all their ADD-ONS and reviewed their work. They had neglected to retighten the hose clamp that connected the intake tube to the throttle body they cleaned as one of the steps. The result could have been castrofic to the engine by having unfiltered air entering the engine thru the connection Jiffy lube left loose. Also they neglected to reinstall the bolt/pushpin that held the same intake tube to the engine. When I went to Jiffy lube the next morning to complain about preying on acknowledgeable women with their add-ons and the substandard work they performed, Roy Engles (the Manager) located the bolt/pushpin setting on top of the engine.
In addition they state that this fuel system cleaning increases the gas mileage of the vehicle 30% (IN WRITING under messages at the bottom of the invoice). Please note this DOES NOT say UP TO 30%, it says it WILL gain a 30% increase. Our 2003 Saturn Vue with 37k miles achieved the factory 27 mpg, 30% would be 35 mpg which is 100% impossible. I am sure if Jiffy lube puts a clam like that in writing they would surely say an impossible clam like that to an acknowledgeable person to get them accept add-ons. I denied Rory Engles (Jiffy lube Manager) settlement offer of a 10% off next oil change coupon (~$3) for their false written claim, substandard and harmful extra/unnecessary work they performed.
PDF copy of invoice with false claim is available upon request.
More Jiffy Lube - Rapids, Iowa Complaints & Reviews
- Jiffy Lube - failure to honor warranty
- Jiffy Lube #1461 - $577 a/c damages complaint - no response
- Jiffy Lube - Deceptive statements 
- Jiffy Lube - Now I have a car with no engine sitting in a lot! 
- Jiffy Lube - rip off 
- Jiffy Lube International - damages to vehicle after service
- Jiffy Lube International - poor/rude customer service
- Jiffy Lube International - overcharged for putting on a spare tire
- Jiffy Lube International - service
- Jiffy Lube International - oil change at san fernando california