Jennifer Convertibles / the worst stores i've ever dealt with!

I ordered our couch on february 28, 2007 with a 12-14 week delivery. I had been looking for a couch for a month and the wait was extremely long, but for the price and features, after much discussion and being ensured by the salesperson that it was never that long, I decided it was worth the wait.

It is now 16 weeks past the order date and there is still no delivery scheduled. When you try to call; it is busy 90% of the time and then they put you on hold for 20-30 minutes to 'check the status.' they said they can refund me the deposit, but there is still not promised date that they will have it. They said they are having problems with china and it's supposedly being delayed in between there and there warehouse in virginia.

When I have the energy, I am going to go back to the store and get the refund. It's just a shame that we have not been able to use our finished basement for six months due to this.in addition, the store knows that I am going through treatment (radiation and chemotherapy) for cancer and I need the sleeper for my caregivers.

This is one of the worst stores i've ever dealt with.

A  20th of Nov, 2007 by
This company is crooked, don't wait long for your refund. Take time to request it immediately. Their lifetime warranty is also a scam, they will never honor any customer's warranty. Read it carefully, it has loop holes. One section states it will cover tears, rips, scratches if it was "accidental" the other portion states if it was "intentionally done by the consumer" they will not cover anything. Who "intentionally" scratches their leather couch after spending $2,000-$3,000 on a leather sectional couch? Their warranty is purely subjective and based on their fake technician's opinion. Who will by the way tell you that for a small fee of $200-$300.00 he will do it for you on the side.
Don't waste time contacting the Better Business Bureau in your state. I sent a grievance letter, to the New York State Attorney General's office, Consumer Frauds department. They contacted the Vice-President @ Jennifer Convertibles headquarters and he agreed to reimburse me back for my so called "LifeTime Warranty". He did not honor his agreement (I waited one full month for a reimbursement check). Until I sent a second stronger letter to the Attorney General's office. I finally received a check last week from them for $300.00 to pay me off for my warranty. What legitimate business pays back consumers for warranties? Most honest businesses honor their warranties. CHECK THE NEW YORK STATE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU'S WEB-SITE, JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES WAS FINED OVER $200,000 A FEW YEARS AGO BY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. I wish I checked the multiple complaint web-sites before purchasing my leather sectional from them. Their showrooms are fronts for crooked unprofessional scoundrels. COMPLAIN TO YOUR STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL CONSUMER FRAUD DEPARTMENT. HOPEFULLY WITH ENOUGH COMPLAINTS FROM CONSUMERS, THIS OUTFIT WILL EVENTUALLY BE SHUT DOWN! SOMEONE NEEDS TO ALERT THE PRESS ABOUT THIS DISGUSTING COMPANY, PEOPLE ARE UNAWARE OF HOW THESE PEOPLE SCAM CONSUMERS.
A  24th of Feb, 2008 by
I'm having the same problem. I'm taking them to small claims court. More of you should do the same.
A  21st of Mar, 2008 by
Me too. My couch was delivered damaged, and it has been nearly five months without any resolution. I filed a small claim today against the company.

Jennifer Convertibles Logo Jennifer Convertibles