JennAir / Refrigerator is a lemon and needs to be replaced

1 MI, United States Review updated:

We completely re-did our kitchen using all Jenn Air products, because I liked their oven. The top of the line Jenn Air built in side-by-side Refrigerator/Freezer was installed DEC'06.

1st) The freezer door has never closed properly and the side by side doors have never lined up properly. The numerous service people that have been out have given up on this completely.

2nd) MAY'07 the fridge completely shuts down. The computer board blew and it takes 6 weeks living without a fridge for the replacement part. 2 months later I open the fridge to see everything frozen and temp reads -75. A week later the authorized techie comes out advises it’s the damper and that it needs to be replaced. Another week goes by for the part to arrive. 2 months later the fridge is frozen again, the authorized techie comes out does what it needs to do. A few months later the ice maker doesn’t work and the freezer goes out... same routine. All the while I keep loosing large quantities of food. It is now JUN08 The fridge is freezing again and JennAir just keeps wanting to replace parts WHICH HAVE already been replaced.

We paid $6, 900 for a faulty fridge and it NEEDS to be replaced. JennAir customer Service has been completely useless especially Jamaela (who says she is a supervisor, but won’t give me her last name.) They have refused to give me any name at headquarters to write to or speak with. I have had 12 visits by authorized technicians they keep sending out. This has got to stop!

Comments

• Sh
      3rd of Aug, 2008

We have aJennair fridge model no is JS42CSDBDA. PLEASE DON"T BUY THIS ONE> We have had problems with the fan cooler for 4 years now. The only smart thing we did was buy extended warranty. the guy comes and ficxes it. i have to call him every month . can anyone tell me if Lemon Law applies to fridges and appliances?

• Mj
      29th of Mar, 2009

I have had an almost identical experience with my side-by-side Jenn Air refrigerator. Fortunately, I opted for a moderately priced model, so my having to junk this fridge is a bit easier to swallow. But my problems started about 1 or 2 years from purchase (past warranty). It began with loud rattling and complete break down, which necessitated replacement of the electric panel. Then the thermostat became the issue and was supposedly fixed. Since then, most items in my fridge freeze and water is leaking via the freezer onto the floor.
    I am on the verge of junking this piece of Jenn Air crap. I may have a repair person come one more time, only to see if it is worth sticking in the basement as an extra fridge. But if it costs another $300 or more to fix this, I am sending it to the trash heaps (not as green as I want to be).

• Be
      23rd of Jul, 2011
    JennAir - JennAir Oven
    AE Factory Service
    Fairview
    North Carolina

Contacted AE Factory Service as directed to repair the JennAir wall oven (3 years old)
    1st date of service call 7-6-11 parts needed/ordered
    2nd scheduled date of service 7-11-11 parts here but AE cancelled appt/no explanation
    3rd scheduled date of service7-18-11 parts still here but AE cancelled appt/ no tech
    4th scheduled date of service 7-23-11 parts still here but AE cancelled appt/ tech sick
    The worst customer service ever. How do they stay in business???