JCwhitney.com / I'm definitely never shopping here again!

Of all the online auto parts retailers I've used, this site offers the worst service. Aside from the prices being higher, the website often broke down while I located the parts I needed. The sales rep was no good either - I couldn't understand a word she was saying. Plus, the parts I ordered were delivered a month late. I'm definitely never shopping here again!

N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

JCwhitney.com - Don't want to see this network taking business away from good honest websites

Aside from the prices being higher than i'm used to, the sales rep wasn't any help at all when i called the toll-free number. It took more than half an hour to conclude that the parts i wanted were out of stock.
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

This site is a part of the U.S. Auto Parts Network, unfortunately, as they have been in business for nearly 100 years but have now sold out.
Any auto parts site that is associated with the above named association should be avoided at all costs.
This is my own personal war with this U.S. Auto Parts Network and I have warned them to stop selling parts the way they are by misrepresenting them as Replacement Brand when they are not. That's fraud!
My hobby is auto restoration and the brand manufacturer makes a huge difference in either what I am telling someone or the parts itself when it has the actual manufacturers name blasted on the front of it, made me look like either a liar or an idiot, I'll stick with idiot for a minute but not for long.
They don't think I can cause them any problems, well we will see when the FTC comes knocking. They have had a class action against them in the past and just may again soon. I can and am generally relentless when I get pissed.
Just keep in mind that if they are selling a product called Replacement Brand quality auto parts keep going.
Let me be clear on one thing, I am talking about any part called Replacement Brand.
If the site, in my opinion is selling these parts then it is more than likely they are a part of that network.
I am NOT 100% positive on that statement, but it sure appears to be mostly accurate as the site has to have some sort of association or they would be calling the part by the manufacturers name right out the gate and they are out there.
The problem is that these clowns are redirecting traffic from honest sites by using a simple word and something anyone might put into a Google search, the word Replacement. That really gets under my skin.
I can't tell you how many times I have bought these parts and never figured it out until one day I had a guy come back with a defective fog light and it was still under warranty, well I always keep the boxes as you all should also, and I look at the box and there is the manufacturers name and on the lens. Well that's what started it. And then trying to get the warranty, impossible nearly or just to cost prohibitive as it would be cheaper to just buy another part.
I can't believe I was so stupid to have not recognized this before, but my work is good and frankly the parts are generally of good to decent aftermarket parts all are made in China.
The other thing that will clue you is a one year unlimited mileage warranty and most, not all, but most of their web pages will look identical.
The only thing different will be the prices for the same product.
I am not saying that the part won't work for you as it probably will, as being there is no branded part called Replacement, then your getting a part manufactured by someone and you won't know unless you ask specifically and that's if they will even know themselves as there customer service people don't even know that the parts they are selling aren't manufactured by a company called Replacement.
As I said in another review the word Replacement is just a director for your search engine, for instant, "2004 Chevy Impala replacement headlight", so the word Replacement takes you right to their sites, so never use the word Replacement in your search for starters, that's funny I meant any part..
Go to your vehicle manufacturers web site and get there OEM, original equipment manufacturers part number and enter that into your search, just don't say replacement off the bat and you can avoid them, a little bit maybe, as this network is huge.
I was so upset to see JC Whitney selling these parts and then to find out for sure that they are part of this network now was very upsetting as they were the best.
Honestly, parts aside, I just don't want to see this network taking business away from good honest websites selling the same parts.
The difference though from this crooked network and an honest parts house will be price, kind of like shopping at Walmart, I guess.
Anyhow, I am going to be writing about sites for parts that I feel are honest also, so maybe you might want to check back.

JC Whitney Logo JC Whitney