Jackson & Perkins / Absolutely ridiculous service

1 2 Floral AvenueHodges, SC, United States Review updated:

I placed an order with this company on 5/11/08 for a weeping rose tree for my yard. I paid extra for 2 day express shipping and received a confirmation stating that the arrival date for this product would be 5/21/08, arrival date, not estimated arrival date! I called J&P on the evening of 5/21/08 when I hadn't received the order and was told that because the company had been bought by another company that there was a delay and that my order wouldn't be shipped until the following week. I asked repeatedly for a supervisor and was refused. When I asked the customer service agent's name, she hung up on me. I called back and received a different agent who put me on hold to locate a supervisor (supposedly). She returned to the line a few minutes later and I was told that they would have to take my phone number and call me back. I asked what the supervisor's name was that I would receive a call from and she said that she didn't know which one it would be. I still have yet to receive a call from anyone at Jackson & Perkins. I sent an email to the customer service dept on 5/22/08 including the order number again asking for the order to be cancelled. Today 5/26/08 I received a response to that email saying that it was too late to cancel the order and that it shipped 5/23/08 and would arrive 5/29/08. Absolutely ridiculous service!!!

Va

Comments

• Ml
      1st of Dec, 2014

I ordered an amaryllis bulb for Christmas. We live in MN. Temps were -20 wind chill the day it was delivered. It was simply left in front of my garage door. The bulb was frozen. When I called the company I was told that they would not refund shipping charges as, once the item is shipped, the shipping is in the control of the shipping company. To add insult to injury, I was told I would have to pay to ship the item back. The service rep then tried to blame me as, supposedly, a shipping confirmation email supposedly with the planned arrival date had been sent. So, if a person orders from this company, apparently they expect you to sit at home (forget work obligations) to wait for their package due to an estimated date of arrival. I will never order from Jackson and Perkibs again.