Jackson Hewittincompetent office manager

Do Feb 06, 2015 Winter Park Review updated:

Office manager at the location we visited and where we had our taxes done was not knowledgeable enough about anything.She told us that we were ineligible for an advance. That was fine. It wasn't her fault. We then asked about the $50 debit card they were offering. It took two days too find out that we were ineligible for that too. Someone else had to tell her after two days. She didn't use all of the 1099 forms that she had available therefore lowering our refund. Her mistakes were corrected by a subordinate and so we got a bigger refund. If the worker who redid our taxes ever goes to work for a different tax service, we will go see him next year at his new place of employment because we are never going to have our taxes done by Jackson Hewitt ever again.

Comments

• Bo
      Mar 28, 2015

LIES. LIES...LIES!
    First, here's the phone number of the CEO's office: [protected].

Jackson-Hewitt staff I've encountered in Melbourne, FL are among the most incompetent, dishonest, untruthful individuals I've ever done business.. Three months of calls to franchise owner "Pedro" and the reply is always, "He be here next week."

I'm still waiting, Pedro. Of course, he's located over a thousand miles from the FL office!

After years of using another preparer, I went to JH because the Initial preparer claimed her office supported a $30 contribution to a charity where I volunteered. After doing my Return, she said her office WASN't participating. What kind of sleaze has to use a charity in order to sucker a customer???

Two years later I learn she made a $4, 000.00 error in allowing relocation expenses when I was ineligible.

After complaining to Corporate over the initial lack of professionalism, a second preparer claimed to be sent by "Corporate, " when she was actually in cahoots with the first preparer. She then lied about sending the IRS a letter ackonwledging the error made by the first and then misrepresented the bulk of my meeting with her.

Based on complaints and legal settlements I've now discovered, this company has few scruples. I am informing all fellow veterans and professional and personal contacts to tell their social circles, church members and neighbors to steer clear of these slimy operators and bad actors.