Jackson Hewitt / scam and cheating
Jackson Hewitt has employees that change your tax info without your knowledge. In 2006, i called the first Jackson Hewitt in the phonebook to see how busy they were. Once i found out that they had openings i went and had my taxes done.°2 years later, i received a letter from the IRS stating that i could be a material witness in a criminal investigation. I called them and found out that the Manager of the JH i went to 2 years in a row had altered my federal tax withholdings by over 2, 000. I was livid.
I asked the IRS agent what i had to do to resolve this. He suggested i call JH and ask them about a service they are supposed to offer called the gold guarantee, which puts any discrepancies in JH's lap. I was never offered this service and dint know it existed. JH was not willing to help and kept putting me on hold.
Now i am making arrangements to pay back 2 grand that i never asked for. In todays time noone has 2 grand laying around waiting to be spent. If anyone has a class action suit going in Philadelphia, PA please let me know by responding. The IRS said that it is over 100 people that this guy did this to.
More Jackson Hewitt Complaints & Reviews
- Jackson Hewitt - scam 
- Jackson Hewitt - poor training of employees 
- Jackson Hewitt - income tax 
- Jackson Hewitt - customer service
- Jackson Hewitt - poor and rude customer service
- Jackson Hewitt - tax prep.
- Jackson Hewitt - tax offices
- Jackson Hewitt - customer service provided
- Jackson Hewitt - my taxes
- Jackson Hewitt - help with irs audit