Jackson Hewitt / scam and cheating

1 United States

Jackson Hewitt has employees that change your tax info without your knowledge. In 2006, i called the first Jackson Hewitt in the phonebook to see how busy they were. Once i found out that they had openings i went and had my taxes done.°2 years later, i received a letter from the IRS stating that i could be a material witness in a criminal investigation. I called them and found out that the Manager of the JH i went to 2 years in a row had altered my federal tax withholdings by over 2, 000. I was livid.

I asked the IRS agent what i had to do to resolve this. He suggested i call JH and ask them about a service they are supposed to offer called the gold guarantee, which puts any discrepancies in JH's lap. I was never offered this service and dint know it existed. JH was not willing to help and kept putting me on hold.

Now i am making arrangements to pay back 2 grand that i never asked for. In todays time noone has 2 grand laying around waiting to be spent. If anyone has a class action suit going in Philadelphia, PA please let me know by responding. The IRS said that it is over 100 people that this guy did this to.

Va