J Jill / bad service

I had my J Jill card for at least 4 years and never missed a payment. Last month, I accidentally forgot to schedule a payment with my online banking to make a payment. Before I received the automated calls regarding an overdue bill on 9/3, I had actually already scheduled a payment with my online banking account to make a payment on 9/2 and estimated it should be there 9/4 or 9/5.

I was not home on 9/3 when the automated service called my house. My husband picked up the phone. All you had to do is verfied it is me and give my zip code and my account balance information is released. I got another automated call today asking me to verfied my zip code and my balance was released. I called to complain that I don't think it is right to share that information so easily. The customer service floor mgr. did not agree and repeatly called my account delinquent because I missed one payment during the last 4 years. CS rep said he can't tell since he can only see six months of payment. And, it goes to collection after missing one month of payment. I have never heard of such poor customer service. I asked to have my account closed. Within less than a second, he said it is closed. I told him can he send me verfication of the account closure. He told me that he can't because my account is in collection. I have to wait until my account status is reinstated??? I told him that I want to talk to his supervisor. You can't since he doesn't take calls. He sents me to his supervisor email box. His name is "Happiness". Unbelievable!!!

Va

Comments

• Ju
      14th of Oct, 2008

Placed an order with J.Jill for 2 of the same item in different colors. When order arrived, one was the correct size, the other the wrong size. I returned the wrong item to exchange for correct size. Received an email from J. Jill that my return was being processed and that my Visa was being refunded the sale price I paid for item. After shipping the correct item after a few slow weeks they sent me a shipment confirmation email which showed that they charged me full price not the sale price I originally paid. Had to call and have them refund the overcharge. Sending the wrong size is one thing but to make another mistake and charge me more than I paid to get the correct item is what I call adding insult to injury. Not a big, big deal but thought I could expect more from J.Jill. Just plain sloppy service overall. If I hadn't scrutinized the email I sent, I would have gotten ripped off for a mistake they made.

• Ro
      16th of Apr, 2009

I believe your card is issued by CITI bank.J.Jill does not issue credit cards.(or at least that was the last I knew) So blame the bank and not J.Jill.

• Yv
      13th of Jun, 2009

I needed to pay a bill on the date it was due, and realized that I would be charged for a phone fee of 17.00 or be charged for a late fee of 29.00.

The women that I talked with told me that I could pay on line today and that she would watch my account and not charge me for the late fee.

I am in a situation where I can give the account # but cannot give the 3 digit # which is required to register to pay y bill because I do not have a card which is lost and have never got another one because I can still purchase my items because JJill just looks up my account # and my SS#.

Now what do I do. I called customer service and they are not open until Monday. I call technical support and they can't help because I need the 3 digit #. This is quite frustrating and now I will be charged the 29.00 late fee. I would think that my account # would be enough.. When I pay my bill I am not asked for a 3 digit #from my JJcard?? I am not even using my jjill card to pay my bill, I am using a master card?

2nd of Oct, 2010

I've noticed through the years that online clothing stores seem to choose the nastiest creatures in the world of credit cards (which is really saying something, since they're all nasty and are all committing usury).

My credit has always been in the excellent range, btw. Even so, I've had to cancel credit cards from Eddie Bauer and llbean because of really terrible experiences such as the ones told above by others. I'm now going to close the jjill account.

I've had my other credit cards for 15 years or more, but always end up completely fed up with the BOLD RIP-OFFS of the usury/jewsury of clothing store credit cards. Oh, and we can definitely place any of Amazon's credit cards in the same category.

• Kl
      18th of Apr, 2013

j jill uses their shipping and handling as another income source. it's one thing to charge a fair price but to make money on a customer service? watch out it can add 15 to 20 percent to your bill.

• Oj
      1st of Jul, 2013

I signed up for the J Jill card so I could receive the discount. Not a good idea! I just received a bill and I was charged a $25.00 late charge on a balance of $87.47. That's 28.58% of the total bill! I must have tossed the prior bill thinking it was an advertisement. I called to pay the bill over the phone and they are happy to take the payment, but they charge $15.00 for doing so. Thanks, but notthanks. I'll put the check in the mail.

• Sk
      17th of Mar, 2015

JJill is losing my tall sized business to Eddie Bauer, who has much better customer service! JJill changed their return policy, to limit returns to within 90 days of purchase, which seems like it should be fine, but I was ill and could not get it sent in in time, since I live an hour away from any store and have to lug things to the post office. Also, sometimes something is simply not good! It wears too quickly, or shoes hurt your feet, and cut into your heels. With Eddie Bauer, you can return them, even if you have worn them, but not JJill. With JJill, you are stuck with a 60-80 dollar piece of trash, that has probably been put in clearance for the very same reasons you now want to return it! Also, the "two-day" shipping, is not really two-day, although on the website, it says it is. What they really mean, but do not spell out in their shipping info., is that you will receive it two days after they ship it, regardless of how long they wait, after you placed the order. Please improve your customer service, and shipping speed, or you will no longer be competitive. If Amazon can do free two-day shipping with Amazon prime, why can't you seem to manage it, with you high-priced clothing?

• Di
      29th of Jan, 2016

I have been a long time online customer of JJill; but I will no longer be.

1) S/H fees are high
    2) charge for returns when many online business do not
    3) fabrics have been getting cheaper and cheaper not worth the price
    4) JJill takes their time crediting a return to credit card account

• To
      4th of Apr, 2016

I agree. Does anyone else find the shipping fees on J Jill excessive? I just spent over $200.00 for 3 items and they charged me $19.95 as a "standard" shipping fee! I recently ordered an item from one of their stores (it was not available in the size needed on line) and the shipping was only $5.95. I have been a customer for years as my wife loves their clothing and it's my "go to" on line store for a guaranteed positive response when gifted "she likes it".
    I have sent an email to customer service asking that an executive who is a stakeholder explain their thoughts on the cost of shipping. Are they trying to gain additional profit from shipping? I compared shipping charges, utilizing their 4-7 day business model; no surprise I could ship for less and still hold the same estimated time frame.

17th of May, 2016

Credit card problems have little to do with J.Jill & everything to do with the bank issuing the card.

• Li
      29th of Jun, 2016

I.Jill asked me to review an item of clothing and when I did, they rejected my review. I liked the 2 tops I bought, but my review indicated my shock at the fact that they were charging $15.95 for shipping! I guess one is only permitted to make positive reviews on their site. I will not ever be purchasing from them online again. I buy online regularly from two other we'll known women's retailers; one has an $8.00 flat shipping charge and the other includes free shipping, as long as you are over a certain nominal dollar amount. J.Jill's shipping charges are absurd.