ITV / programme timings

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I am really annoyed that I have missed the last episode of Doc Martin due to an apparent rescheduling of the programme from the time advertised in Radio Times. The programme, scheduled for 9 p.m. was shown at 8 p.m. and replaced at 9p.m. by Trinny and Susannah. In my opinion any replacement programme, i.e. Trinny and Susannah, should be shown at the time of the programme it replaces (in this case 8 p.m.) and series with a regular time slot should be shown at the scheduled time. I look forward to Doc Martin as I am sure many people do, and tonight switched on at the regular time only to find I had missed the programme, the last in the series. This was extremely annoying. If changes to the timing of a programme are necessary would it not be better to show the programme later rather than earlier to ensure that people looking forward to it still have a chance to see it and are therefore not disappointed. I think this is highly irresponsible of ITV.

Comments

• Py
      13th of Aug, 2008

I am currently unable to receive ITV and had planned to have it taped by a family member. They were horrified to find they had missed it as it was scheduled for 9pm in all the listings. Does anyone know if this will be shown again? I am furious about missing it as it's one of the rare decent programmes on TV these days and only having access to the terrestrial Irish channels I've not much to lookn forward to.

I'd like to know exactly why it was rescheduled in any case, I really can't see any good reason for this.

• Ki
      7th of Sep, 2008

i am sick of the itv f1 commentators instead of the formula 1 grand prix it should be called the lewis hammilton grand prix because thats all they go on about lewis hammilton it isnt just him there are other drivers racing aswell i am very disapointed with itv and i carnt wait till formula1 goes to BBC