Itunes.com / Unauthorized charge!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I searched the web for itunes in order to help my Daughter download onto her ipod, which was a Christmas present. I am not familiar, nor was my Daughter, with the process. So when I got on to what claimed to be an itune site I downloaded software etc and paid for 1 years subscription, which according to the payment details should have been for just over £24, however, I have been charged £43 and have absolutely nothing to show for it and no way of contacting the people who have defrauded me.

Do itunes, the legitimate company, know that this company is scamming its potential customers and therefore damaging it's reputation in the process? And can anybody give me any advice on how I can reclaim my money...

Comments

• Se
      30th of Dec, 2008
    iTunes.com - steeling peoples money
    mb contact.com

I was scammed by this company, but don't worry anybody cause I am going to hunt every last one of them down and dispose of them my way.

• De
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I have totally lost faith in itunes as I have had lots of unauthorised purchases and although mine personally have all been quite small totalling approx £12 it does not leave me with any confidence. I have done search on google and lots of other people seem to be experiencing similar situations. I personally tried changing my password thinking someone in my household must have found it out but the charges still continued, i then went online and deleted my debit card info and apart from one instance that may have been initiated prior to the deletion of account info there has been no other unuathorised purchases?

I am also wondering if there are many other people like me who have had small withdrawals so don't make a big deal out of it or dont notice and therefore the scam is continuing.

Apple dont accept any responsibility saying to contact your credit card company but with the scale of people experiencing these fraudulent activities must cause damage to the apple itunes reputation. I personally have been put off ever using them again and would urge others to investigate online and take their actions appropriately?

• Ba
      18th of Sep, 2010

Contact iTunes and let them know which site scammed you... they have been able to shut down these sites in the past. iTunes will only ever charge you per item... there are NO SUBSCRIPTIONS, Monthly fees, yearly fees, or unlimited download options