iTravel2000 / Wedding Group Deal Ripoffs and Customer Service Nightmare

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
2.8
After desideding to get married out of the country and talking to an itravel2000 sales rep in Toronto (Martino), we desided to book our group package. From that first phone call it became evident he would tell us exactly what we wanted to hear then just hang up, and never follow through with his work. He would not send bills in mail, would constantly raise and change prices higher and higher every time we called. For every guest who was booking, our fixed group rate was different. One of our guest was charged double and had her VISA unauterized billed. These people are crooks.

We demanded to deal with his supervisor, which we thought, 'finnally things will be solved'. They were not, Carolyn was just as bad. She would not solve any problems and although plecating us by telling us, he was almost fired... is was all lipservice, she proceeded to over change the other guest that called. When we called to try to pay, she would say 'i have no idea how much your trip is. I'll ask, and call you right back." Then she would never call back. You'd have to call again, and it would be the same response, and no call back. Over and over. Either thay have NO IDEA, or NO DESIRE to do their jobs, or this is a stall tactic. Four of our guests were stalled so they could not get the 'let is snow promotion'. But even after this promotion was no longer available, the same problem still persisted. Promises of sending bills by mail and itineraries, promotional reinbursments, but never recieving them. Even ater repeatedly DEMANDING them, we never recieve them. We would fax medical papers, and they would somehow not get them. We would have to constantly refax. Dealing with them is a nightmare. I suggest no one book any group packages. I hope they don't do this with all their customers. We still have not gotten everthing resolved, and they just keep hoping with will give up. They have begun to screen their calls, so as not to assist us. We have to use naighbours phone to get through, or call other agents and have them send our call through. It is rediculous and no way to conduct business. These people are not trainned. They are children. Heaven forbid that we have any troubles during our stay, I'm sure we will be stranded there.
Me

Comments

Br
  29th of Jan, 2009
I totally agree with what you experienced. I am currently planning my wedding through itravel2000 and have been for the last year when they took $6000 in deposits. On friday they charged us all in full and yesterday came to us saying that Transat has decided to no longer travel to our destination come April so they have refunded us all of our money. Meaning 2 months out from my wedding (April 17) they have canceled it with no real options for a resolution.

Itravel does not stand behind the travel operators they sell, if they cancel, they have no care for the clients and the fact that they have been holding our deposit money for a year. ITravel has just backed off and said, it's not our fault that Transat canceled.

Now we are scrambling to find someone who can help us out so that we can still have the wedding of our dreams in 2 months without causing our guests (40) to have to change dates or pay extra money.

iTravel2000 Logo iTravel2000